In all seriousness...

More
6 years 8 months ago #42326 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...

fat guy wrote: This has got to be a joke. The dang teeth have to be timed with the chain, no odd numbered sprockets allowed.
www.pinkbike.com/news/SRAM-XX1-One-by-El...First-Look-2012.html

meh, I think it sounds pretty cool
www.bikemag.com/gear/first-impressions-sram-xx1/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #42318 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
This has got to be a joke. The dang teeth have to be timed with the chain, no odd numbered sprockets allowed.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
6 years 8 months ago #42316 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
Mojo Man- outdated outboard BB bearings- I run Octalink- now thats outdated!

Bradley- I will get engineering working on the auto saddle which will be tied into GPS conrtol with gyroscope. They are also specing that the saddle shape/firmness will adjust to the riders backside. Not only will tire pressure change, but also tire width. Tires will also be self repairing in case of flats. Mud or other dirt does not stick to the bike frame or tires so bike looks factory clean all the time.
If you grab another bike all your information will transfer to the new bike. It is stored in the large chip that is implanted in brain by dealer at time of sale.
The constant headaches are a small price to pay for the latest technology

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

More
6 years 8 months ago #42312 by Bradley
Bradley replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...

I'm selling off everything I own and getting 650B's, but I'm waiting for the 3 x 25 drivetrains to come out. if 10 is good, 11 must be better and 25 will rock! If will feature carbon fiber belt drive, on the fly air adjustments for wheels and shocks and shifting will be computer controlled via a gps system. Frame and wheels with a 250mm travel fork will weigh just under 5 lbs.
Cost will be $40,000 but it's worth it-pre order now!

Penguin

Can we add an automatic saddle height adjustment? When the bike is pointed downhill the seat drops & when the bike is pointed uphill it raises to normal X/C height? That would work well with the on the fly tire pressure changes. :lol:

Long Live the Fest!!

More
6 years 8 months ago #42308 by Mojo Man
Mojo Man replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
In all seriousness count me out, I like my non carbon SS hard tail with the outdated 1 1/8” fork tube, outdated quick change skewers, outdated outboard BB bearings and outdated 1" diameter spindle crankset just fine.

Oh, I almost forgot, the now new, out dated 29’r size wheels.

Maybe it's just because being 51, I'm outdated myself.

Mojo :D

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #42288 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
Type II Roller Clutch!!!
A lever that moves the shifty bits outta the way for wheel changes!!!!!!!
Tiny four bolt spider!
Dedicated (ie 'super special') chain and shifter! Forget about being saddled with old 10 speed bits.
The question that most riders will ask after riding XX1 will be, “Why has it taken so long for the industry to figure this out?”
Whoooo whee. I wonder how much cost that Type II Roller Clutch!!! adds to the pricetag. There's more levers and buttons on that shifty thing than a B58 Hustler.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fat guy.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.