The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th

More
7 years 1 month ago #40399 by velociped jones
velociped jones replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
can't wait for sunday!

Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #40396 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
I am committed (well, I should be).
All signed up.
Looking forward to it.

Haven't ridden much this winter; it's gonna be ugly.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL™

More
7 years 1 month ago #40390 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
Great ride last night! The Hood is 80% snow covered. Thanks to the large group out on Sunday the trails had a nice snow single track packed to ride on. Get off this into the 4-6" of crunchy snow and the riding was vey hard. With the amount of snow in the trees and the conditions and forecast It looks like there will still be lots of snow cover for the Frostbike on Sunday. Get yourself signed up and kick off the 2012 season with the most unique and fun race in the area.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
7 years 1 month ago #40170 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
all signed up!

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

More
7 years 1 month ago #40087 by CORNROCKET
CORNROCKET replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
Still some questions being asked about the race.

What is it?
It's a winter mountain bike race of pure awesomeness.

When is it?
February 19, 2012

Where is it?
Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada

Where does the money raised go?
The money generated from this race goes back into the ShortHills Cycling Club trail building and advocacy fund.

Where do I register?
The Frostbike Winter Mountain Bike Race

How many entries are allowed?
The race is capped at 100 entries only.

When does race registration close?
Registration closes @ noon February 17, 2012 or once it reaches 100 entries which ever comes first. No day of registration... sorry.

Where do I go on race day?
You need to sign in and pick up your registration package and plate at the CITY TAVERN, 202 Main Street West, Port Colborne, ON. The CITY TAVERN is right across the street from where the Frostbike start will be.

Where do I park my car?
Lots of parking at the CITY TAVERN and at the several municipal parking lots along Main Street West. Look for the Green "P" signs.

When should I be there?
Registration check in starts at 8:30am and will close at 10:30am.
First wave will start at 11:00am.

What Trails are used?
The Robin Hood lands known locally as "The Hood". It is an area filled with the spoils from digging the Welland Canal many years ago.

What is the race course like?
Laps are approximately 10km in length and final course route will depend on the weather conditions leading up to race day. There will be rocks, logs, trees, hills (small but punchy) snow, ice, mud, wooden bridges, cougars (maybe) and the odd snowman if there is enough snow.

So how does the start work?
You will start in a modified time trial/mini waves format of up to 6 riders at a time. These mini-waves are self-seating. Get to the start line with 5 friends or race with the people around you. There is a two lap option and your "best time" from one of those two laps will stand as your final result. It will be computer timed.

What's this Six Pack Smackdown that I've heard about?
It is Officially not part of the race.
Learn more about it here.
http://forums.mtbr.com/eastern-canada/frostbike-~-winter-mountain-bike-race-2012-a-742831.html

So what kind of bike should I ride?
A mountain bike would be best. We have seen all types of mountain bikes at this race ranging from Fatbikes to full on XC race rigs to single speed rigid bikes, winter beater hard tails, full suspensions to downhill bikes and even a 2 wheel drive Christini mountain bike. As for cross bikes... take your chances but be warned skinny tires are probably not the best choice for The Hood.

What tires should I use?
Your tire selection will depend on conditions on race day. Most use a heavy knobby type tire or spiked tires but the winner from the last two years running used Schwalbe Rocket Ron’s... yes he did fall a few times.

Where do I go when I'm done racing?
Done your lap(s) head on over to the CITY TAVERN for our post race festivities. A bowl of chili will be served to each race participant. Various types of beverages will be available for purchase.
Awards will follow the race conclusion at approximately 2:30pm.

More
7 years 2 months ago #40024 by velociped jones
velociped jones replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike v2012 - February 19th
it's on like donkey kong!

Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.