Sprague Brook Conditions

More
11 years 4 months ago #12068 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?
Yeah, I stand corrected. Apparently the Sat. rain wasn't as bad as I thought, and the drenching from Thursday and the more on Friday had mostly dried up.

The heat sucks, but it actually does help dry things up more quickly, although maybe not in this humidity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12067 by El_Marko
El_Marko replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?
Jon - not sure if you saw my Element at Hunter's Sunday - but I went there with a freind after 2pm with the sole goal of avoiding all the traditionally wet areas and ready to bail if conditions were bad.

I have to say - Hunter's wasn't in that bad of shape. I walked the traditional boggy areas - but the majority of the orange (FLT) and upper blue trails were in very good shape (except for that one HUGE mud bog) that we walked around. "Skyridge" was totally fine - as it always is.

As you know - you can get 10 miles in there if you know the spots to avoid.

Hey - if you want me to do the Map cover... I can...

More
11 years 4 months ago #12066 by Kevin Preston
Kevin Preston replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?
Jon, you could have stopped at my house if you had your canoe. I had right around 2 feet of water in the street (or was 1/4 of the way up my front lawn) because it rained so hard the two storm drains couldn't clear it fast enough. I made the same assumption about EA but talked to someone who was at a party on Big Tree and said they just had a breif rain shower.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12064 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?

Kevin Preston wrote: The usual group ride at Sprague is up in the air until we get some confirmation as to the status of the trail on the West side of the park. Possibly changing to Hunters.

I'll try to do some "research" tonight at Hunters. According to Justin's post, the rain Sat. wasn't too hard (I was up in Amherst in that big early evening storm reported in the newspaper. Driving home afterward, the roads were wet all the way back to EA so I assumed it had rained there as well, though not as hard).

Jon S.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12063 by krag krasher
krag krasher replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?

penguin wrote: 50 miles on the pavement for me Sunday AM- I was a good boy!

Penguin :D

Good Work! I managed 23 "clyde" miles this morning :D
John

Is that a flower caught in your pedal, or are you just happy to see me?

More
11 years 4 months ago #12062 by Kevin Preston
Kevin Preston replied the topic: Re: Sprague brook?
The usual group ride at Sprague is up in the air until we get some confirmation as to the status of the trail on the West side of the park. Possibly changing to Hunters.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.