Golden Hill Conditions

More
6 years 2 months ago #39513 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Yeah, and it's got 800ft of climbing in that 6mi! Almost as good as the 650f/4mi HV Wednesday night course loop!

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/48242710

You can see from the elevation profile why it feels harder in the clockwise direction.

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #39509 by drabb
drabb replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
If you went counter clockwise around the outside, it'd go Red>Blue>Red, starting and ending near the small parking lot. That'd get you about 6 miles. You could then follow up with just a Red loop (opposite direction for variety), another 4+ miles.

Doing all that you'd probably be out for a hour and a 1/2.

More
6 years 2 months ago #39508 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
In all the times I've been up to evl to ride, I never stop at Golden Hill. I always figure I'm here so might as well ride McCarthy. But it sounds like I'm missing out. Heading up in Oct and it sounds like you did a lot of work (thanks).

Would you tell me how long the ride is in mileage and/or the average time to complete the loop?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

More
6 years 2 months ago #39378 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
the whammy loop has been reclaimed and there is a whole truckload of rock in two persistent wet spots on the red trail. Also some improved drainage in a few other spots.

More
6 years 2 months ago #39375 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
How did the trailwork go on Saturday?

More
6 years 3 months ago #39195 by skidder
skidder replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Golden Hill is in great shape today.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.