Golden Hill Conditions

More
6 years 2 months ago #39569 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions

Moto Mike wrote:
That's funny, those are my exact same thoughts on Sprague Brook.

I agree with you there. The only reason I ride the brook is because I don't have to drive there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #39568 by boogenman
We rode the whole damn thing! I am so disapointed!

There were a few good sections but not worth the drive. I feel like I can get just as much fun at Hunters Creek with half the drive and no stupid 24" wide trees.

More
6 years 2 months ago #39567 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions

boogenman wrote: An out of town friend and I went to Golden Hill for a ride yesterday and we were both very very disappointed. What is all the hype about? Fast? Flowy? Technical? Whammy? The only thing I found to be consistent with the description was the trees being so tight you can’t pass through them, what dumb idea. The few times we were feeling like the trail had some decent speed and flow we encountered trees that brought us to a dead stop!

I’m glad that some of you enjoy the place but it is not my cup of tea and I was greatly disappointed after reading so many rave reviews.

That's funny, those are my exact same thoughts on Sprague Brook.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
6 years 2 months ago #39566 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions

boogenman wrote: An out of town friend and I went to Golden Hill for a ride yesterday and we were both very very disappointed. What is all the hype about? Fast? Flowy? Technical? Whammy? The only thing I found to be consistent with the description was the trees being so tight you can’t pass through them, what dumb idea. The few times we were feeling like the trail had some decent speed and flow we encountered trees that brought us to a dead stop!

I’m glad that some of you enjoy the place but it is not my cup of tea and I was greatly disappointed after reading so many rave reviews.

I'm really surprised to hear you say that. Were you at the right trail? LOL

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
6 years 2 months ago #39564 by boogenman
An out of town friend and I went to Golden Hill for a ride yesterday and we were both very very disappointed. What is all the hype about? Fast? Flowy? Technical? Whammy? The only thing I found to be consistent with the description was the trees being so tight you can’t pass through them, what dumb idea. The few times we were feeling like the trail had some decent speed and flow we encountered trees that brought us to a dead stop!

More
6 years 2 months ago #39549 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
damn you road it three times reversing directions each time - that is beastmode riding.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.