Allegany State Park Trail Conditions

More
7 years 5 months ago #32584 by TSWOLF21
TSWOLF21 replied the topic: Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions
bout to throw tires on my bike for the race tomorrow. Anyone know the condition of the race loop?

Singletrack Solitude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #30529 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Allegany State Park
Today (4/3) was my first day on these trails. I was impressed with the speed (even if I ended up biking up the mountain most of the day) :oops: Except for a few wet spots, the trails were dry and lots of fun. Can't wait until the leaves are cleared.

More
7 years 9 months ago #30084 by velociped jones
velociped jones replied the topic: Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions
still plenty skiable. christian was pretty icey but that's where i started so who knows what it's like now that the sun's been out. lotsa double poleing. things started getting softer on sweetwater and beyond. the snow was perfect for making snowmen. tracks are still good and coverage remains complete (skied everything except the snake). if anyone's afraid of ridge, now might be the time to try it as downhills aren't very fast at all.

Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.

More
7 years 9 months ago #30070 by velociped jones
this boy's taking a chance and heading down for an art roscoe ski tomorrow morning. will be leaving from downtown eggertsville (the crime capital of amherst) after getting the boy off to school. anyone wanna hitcha ride?

More
7 years 10 months ago #29545 by velociped jones
conditions are -as my friend the toddler would say- awesome! if you can get out, get out. patterson is a zillion times better than last week. course is fast and flowey (flowy?). did the everything except snowsnake 22k once again. got to the park around 3pm. did sweetwater where there were all kinds of people. saw people until about halfway thru christian hollow. then skied the whole rest of christian hollow, leonard, ridge and patterson without seeing a soul (unless woodpeckers have souls). a wilderness and fitness paradaise all to myself. got back to summit by about six. skiing by feel up patterson.
thanx to my buddy eric at ems for hookin' me up wit' some skis.

More
7 years 11 months ago #29493 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions
Yes, definitely one of the best skiing days ever there yesterday. Lots of cyclists out there on the skinny skis, too.

I was skiing with someone who did the vasaloppet in sweden last year (she's swedish). She swears by egg and bacon sandwiches too (was her post ski food). Must be something to that.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.