Letchworth Trail Conditions

More
8 years 2 months ago #28226 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
I'm gonna stick with my helmet for all riding until ECMC gets the kinks out of brain transplants :?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28222 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
You'd have to be crazy to run DH without a helmet, but for cross-country, if you have good balance and good bike handling skills, a helmet it totally unnecessary.

When I do crash, and it happens a couple times a season, I just roll out of it.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
8 years 2 months ago #28220 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
I still don't understand the no helmet thing?

Being a very seasoned rider like myself I'm sure you don't go down very often but when I do go down it can look like a train wreck. I have ruined a few brain buckets over the years. Including cracking a DOT approved MX helmet while rding DH, but you would probably wear one for DH.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28197 by kb voodoo
That's kind of funny, I was riding there way before that. Perhaps I should be arrested for that, and for breaking the helmet law.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
8 years 2 months ago #28196 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

kb voodoo wrote: I've been riding Letchworth for about 15 years,

The trail opened to bikes for the first time in 1998. Just saying...

More
8 years 2 months ago #28195 by kb voodoo
Yes, I'm the baseball cap wearing dude.

I was only kidding when I said it needed rain (I'm a smart ass).

I've been riding Letchworth for about 15 years, and these are easily the best conditions I've ever seen.

Today's rain will barely effect it. The trails are like concrete right now.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.