Letchworth Trail Conditions

More
8 years 2 months ago #28241 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Old joke:

What do they call a biker without a helmet?

Organ donor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28240 by DKryst111
DKryst111 replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
This is going to confuse everyone!

if you poke us with a stick, we wake up.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28236 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Look, I'm 38 years old, and I've been into bikes for around 30 years.

I've never worn a helmet and I never will, and there is nothing you can say to me that will change my mind.

I'd wear a helmet in my car before I would on a bike.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
8 years 2 months ago #28231 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

The Todd-ler wrote:
It's not just falls/accidents that cause head injuries. I have seen low branches, crack helmets in half. Ask Jon about that one?

That happened to me once and I still felt like someone dropped a hammer on my head :roll:

Just rolling out of a crash works awesome but what happens when the 'roll' begins on large rocks head first?

You wear a baseball cap when you ride, a little styrofoam hat has to be much cooler, and safer at the same time. Sounds like a win win situation to me.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28230 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Let me rephrase it then: a helmet is totally unnecessary for me.

If you feel like you need your little styrofoam hat then feel free to wear it.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
8 years 2 months ago #28228 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

kb voodoo wrote: You'd have to be crazy to run DH without a helmet, but for cross-country, if you have good balance and good bike handling skills, a helmet it totally unnecessary...

*not trying to sound like some mean a$$hole, but...
That has to be the dumbest thing ever written on here bro!

Please, wear a helmet people! Don't encourage such behavior.

It's not just falls/accidents that cause head injuries. I have seen low branches, crack helmets in half. Ask Jon about that one?
I watched one buddy land on a pile of rocks on Mid Pale Ale, straight on his helmet- if he wasn't wearing it, he woulda cracked his head open.

It's not even legal at any of the races.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.