Letchworth Trail Conditions

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #28960 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Any news on projected closing date for this year? If I remember right there is a lot of dear hunters in area. When does shotgun season start?

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #28958 by El_Marko
El_Marko replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Did an amazing ride at Letchworth Saturday. Almost perfect conditions - except for leaf cover, obviously. Only encountered 2 or 3 soft spots and one small puddle (out in an exposed area of field) in just over 15 miles of singletrack. Even the ravines were barely wet.

That being said, we were the only two bikers out there the whole day. Very surprised by this. Chatted with two hikers, however. Also odd to have to worry about fading daylight at 4pm!

One MAJOR blow down on a section VERY close to the canyon drop off will have to be addressed. A huge tree so large that even a work around would be difficult to do. Plus it could be dangerous if people try to cross the tree on the canyon side. It's a long way down!

Oh yeah - and they put up a new sign at the Hogsback lot stating that bikes WERE allowed on that first section near the dam. We had heard that they wanted bikes to remain off that section as sort of a buffer "families & hikers" only area.

More
8 years 2 months ago #28365 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
MUDDY. wEAR A HELMET

More
8 years 2 months ago #28257 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

WNYMBA Rules wrote: I'm a first year rider who appreciates what your club has done to create all these trails. Great job...I'm hooked on single track!

Great to hear!

Come out this weekend to the trail building day on Saturday, or the Roots, Rocks & Ridges race on Sunday.
Plenty of great riding still left this season...if this rain stops.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL™

More
8 years 2 months ago #28256 by WNYMBA Rules
WNYMBA Rules replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

The Todd-ler wrote:
Says the guy with the greatest online username ever!

who is this?

I'm a first year rider who appreciates what your club has done to create all these trails. Great job...I'm hooked on single track!

More
8 years 2 months ago #28250 by Fuelish
Fuelish replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

WNYMBA Rules wrote: Are helmets even required by law on the trails? I couldn't see how they could be when I think of how some states don't even require them for motorcycles.

I say who gives a sh!t of some dude doesn't want to wear a helmet. It's not going to hurt anyone else but him if he crashes.

You must never have seen it when the Wales Fire Company invaded Hunters Creek to go get someone out of the pipeline downhill area 12 years ago on Memorial Day, I know that there have been many miles ridden there since then but it was not a pretty sight when they brought her out on a stretcher on an ATV trailer.
Wasn't pretty, just sayin'

Respect your local Woodland Spirits

¿dɯnɾ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ʇıɥ əɯ əəs noʎ pıp

WNYMBRO is NOT dead, it just smells funny.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.