Letchworth Trail Conditions

More
7 years 6 months ago #32179 by DKryst111
DKryst111 replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
As of today it was good, the occasional puddle/muck, but very rideable and as always flowing nicely (minus a few of the washed out creek crossings that only a talented non-crutch rigid 29er rider could ever handle =P).

if you poke us with a stick, we wake up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #28980 by dmarsh15
dmarsh15 replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
yea saturday is probably a bad idea to be wearing anything brown while riding a bike through areas that are being hunted :lol: I will be out hunting too.

Braaapp

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #28978 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
I rode there last Sunday. Conditions were awesome. There were a bunch of bowhunters out. Talked to a couple of hunters that were scouting for opening of shotgun season. They asked if riders and others were aware of when shotgun season opened, and I told them most were.

So I'd stay out starting Saturday. Technically, the trail closes to bikes as of November 1, which was the stipulation when we got it open to bikes back in 1998. I don't know what the current status of the dates are now (is GROC interfacing with the park? Just individuals?), but so long as conditions are dry, late fall riding is perfect.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #28965 by El_Marko
El_Marko replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
I was concerned about the closing date there. I checked our site and saw that it was still labeled "open." I would never ride there - or even hike - after the start of shotgun season.

That being said, I can't believe anyone would hunt on the southern side near the bike/hiking trail. Seems quite dangerous to me.

In Winter, I'm assuming it's always open to XC skiing...

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #28964 by KeithB
KeithB replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Letchworth closes to bikes on Novemeber 1st. I think this is as a courtesy to hunters, not so much about trail conditions. I made it there 3 times this year and it is definitely more fun before the leaves fall.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #28963 by irishman13
irishman13 replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

When does shotgun season start?

Shotgun starts this Saturday bright and early!

you just gotta give'r

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.