Letchworth Trail Conditions

More
7 years 2 months ago #35248 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
There's a tiny bit of singletrack over by the Silver Lake outlet as well. It might be fun, not epic, but fun.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #35247 by DKryst111
DKryst111 replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
There is riding to do on the camping side, but its pretty much just doubletrack.

if you poke us with a stick, we wake up.

More
7 years 2 months ago #35245 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Hiking will be one of the activities of the weekend for sure. I'll throw the bikes on the rack to cruise around the campground and the slight chance that the winds and sun will dry up the trails by Monday for a turkey day ride.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
7 years 2 months ago #35242 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions

wade wrote: Anyone have an update on trail conditions? I'll be camping there this weekend with family and I hope the trails are good for a ride so I can avoid the craftshow.

I would love to find a reason for you to skip the craft show, but it rained steady for a few days in a row around these parts, maybe even worse near Letchworth.

If it were any other trail I would tell you to just ride, but I would hate to see mountain bike access to the FLT taken away because people are trashing muddy trails.

Grab a couple beers and hike to the Silver Lake Outlet waterfall instead. It won't be as fun, but you won't do any trail damage either.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
7 years 2 months ago #35241 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: Letchworth Trail Conditions
Anyone have an update on trail conditions? I'll be camping there this weekend with family and I hope the trails are good for a ride so I can avoid the craftshow.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
7 years 2 months ago #34885 by jasonhgreen
jasonhgreen replied the topic: letchworth maintenance/improvements
Some of the creek crossings at letchworth have become very washed out in the last year, making it impossible to cross without stopping (I'm riding from the Hogsback trailhead). There are also quite a few logs crossing the trails that could be worked on for biking. I know that FLT access is limited for mountain biking, so I have not tried to rebuild/change trails when I ride there, since the I don't want the hikers to feel like it is become too much of a bike trail... Do we need to get approval from someone to improve these trails or can we just go ahead and make improvements when we are there riding? Some crossings could be great with the addition of some purpose built terrain. What do you think?
thanks,
Jason

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.