Ellicottville Conditions

More
5 years 3 months ago #42792 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I had a nice four hour ride today from Eagle Hill. The ground is damp and there are some splashy puddles here and there but the trails are in nice shape. If you like your trails tacky and just soft enough so the knobbies cut in, you'll have a good time. Leaf cover is minimal though some had more than others, Rocky's Run is tricky to follow already in a few spots.

I rode Mesa in both directions for the first time. It's a very nice addition to the trail system. I found it slightly more fun riding from Eagle on my way back to the car.

I really enjoy fall riding.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42784 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Yeah, I'd say go for it. If this were May I'd say stay away with this rain. But we've had such a moisture deficit, the water soaks right in, and what doesn't the leaf cover takes care of.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42780 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I'm an hour away but I'll go out on a limb and guess that moisture levels are manageable if not downright low, but leaf levels are probably at a yellow alert.

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42779 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I'm seconding Wade's request - Anybody have an update on trail conditions. There doesn't seem to be any recent posts.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

More
5 years 4 months ago #42736 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions

skidder wrote: Down here in America we have this cool thing called Internet.
It`s now on computers!
www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Ellicottville+NY+14731:4:US

According to this fancy website, it`s supposed to rain here this weekend.

Thanks for the tips on how to use this magic box on my desk. I was hoping for a useful reply like...

With thge recent rain the ground is saturated if we get even a sprinkle of rain on the weekend it will still be too wet to ride. Or.The ground is still bone dry from the summer drought a little rain will not make a difference.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
5 years 4 months ago #42734 by skidder
skidder replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Down here in America we have this cool thing called Internet.
It`s now on computers!
www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Ellicottville+NY+14731:4:US

According to this fancy website, it`s supposed to rain here this weekend.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.