Ellicottville Conditions

More
13 years 6 months ago #5710 by fattire616
fattire616 replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Eville got a quick downpur yesterday afternoon and it was raining there pretty good this morning. Rode the race loop, Rain and Big Merlin around 6 yesterday. It was not as dry as this past weekend but still rather dry considering the storm that moved through yesterday. The leaves on the trees must have produced a good canopy to protect the trails. It definately wasn't perfect conditions but still "rideable"(depending on your definition of the word). As for needing a snorkle, are you sure you weren't riding Hunter's litespd? :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5703 by litespd
litespd replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Hey, I found all those dry trails that are accessible from HV. I rode the trail system that circumnavigates the East McCarty Hill Forest Road starting from HV, and well.......the water temperature was cool, I forgot my swim goggles, I had too much air in my tires and the roots hate me for it, and at one point I thought I was at Snowshoe WV in the spring. Excellent practice for the upcoming Brazilian rain forest 24 hour race though. When will Mother Nature give us a good wind job?? Just after we finally thaw out, now we need a serious dry out. Let me spell it for "her", D R O U G H T already!!
Two years in a row, I don't get it. It's like living in a urinal tray at an all you can drink beer buffet.

Thanks to all those that put in the trail work on the Rain Trail.

South Pale Ale was in great shape last weekend. I can attest to that.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5702 by Joker
Joker replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Rode HV this morning. Trails were in great condition. Happy riding.....

Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

More
13 years 6 months ago #5692 by champ
champ replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
i was happy to see about twenty five plus people on the trails at holiday on sunday. good weather makes for good biking.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5681 by fattire616
fattire616 replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I second that, rode the race loop to the Rain trail to Big Merlin on Sunday morning both were in good shape. There is a very deep mud hole coming out of Big Merlin Back onto East McCarty so be careful may want to get off your bike, I found out the hard way. Weather report looks good everything should be in decent shape by the end of the week.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5680 by rogeramjet
rogeramjet replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Big Merlin is in decent shape.
The White trail bit me once on the shin - great exercise.
Still a few mud holes; should take it easy & hold up for a week or so.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.