Latest Hunters Conditions

More
8 years 6 months ago #32082 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: hunters creek troubles
hey guys, i'm new here, but an avid rider and go to hunters creek very often. my home turf per say. i was there a couple of times last week. i did not ride through any of the muddy spots. i went to scope it out for the season and see how bad it is. yes it is pretty bad. i tried to patch up a couple of spots (like i do every year) but it seems like a lot of work needs to be done. does any one have an idea or plan, or wants to get together next week to help clean some spots up? i think we need a chainsaw for the downed trees. mothernature was not very nice this past winter and spring. anyone shoot me an email, tjzydel@gmail.com i'm on vacation next week and want to help out with some trail maint/building...

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #31999 by Sliders Guy
Sliders Guy replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
I agree. Check out stuff before you hit it. Unless you're in a race for time the extra minute out of the saddle might save you and your bike.

Sliders Guy
Colden, NY

Chains and shifters are history.

More
8 years 6 months ago #31992 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Whenever I come up on a new obstacle such as that I check out the other side first before going over it. Never assume that there's something on the other side.

It may slow down the flow of your ride, but it'll keep you out of the emergency room. Next time you can fly over it.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
8 years 6 months ago #31988 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions

TrailHunter wrote:
After I got done mother f'ing the @$$hole who thought it would be cool to build a jump off a downed tree on the xc trail I picked up my bike to continue to ride. At that point I was just thankful that I was riding in front and that it was not my wife who went over that crossing who was following behind me because she would have done the same thing.

Jeez what a rant! I think I know the exact place where you took a digger and I agree there should be a sign. I also don't understand why you assume it is going to be a smooth exit from a log on such a steep section of trail. You are mountain biking, crashes happen.

More
8 years 6 months ago #31987 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Hunters Creek was great in early spring like it usually is until mid may when the rain comes in.

More
8 years 6 months ago #31986 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Exactlly- It is close, it is fun, it is muddy. I usually only ride there midweek after work. That is why I always had a second bike- for the abuse that HC puts on your drivetrain.

penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.