Latest Hunters Conditions

More
11 years 6 months ago #11182 by Kevin Preston
Kevin Preston replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
The worse part about a seperation is that you're very succeptable to another because ligaments and tendons are stretched. Be careful riding to soon. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #11181 by Joker
Joker replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions

Todd wrote: Wooa, sorry to hear about the shoulder. "Spectacular" crash? Pics or details-which trail?

Good to hear you are back, if it doesn't kill you, it just makes you stronger-
or gets you a free meal (out of a bet).

It was on Big Merlin, one of those fast long downhills that I have ridden 1000 times. I was cranking, hit one of the moguls (sp), caught some air, everything was great :D until I realized I was leaning too far forwards. Basically I landed on the front tire, endo'ed and landed with all my weight on my right shoulder,(there was avery nice crunching sound) the bike landed on me, bounced off me and proceeded to bounce down the trail another 15-20 feet. I end up on my back in the middle of the trail. My friend Jim almost ran me over. It was the biggest crash I've had riding. The shoulder didn't have any protrusions so that was good. Checked the bike out (very important) and while it has a few new scratches it is in fine working order. Rode another hour after the crash (not so bright). went to see a doctor 2 days later, xrays showed no broken bones but did show a mild seperation of the ac joint. Theres a lump there now. I have been lifting again, its feeling pretty strong, although range of motion is a little limited. I can just add it to the list of wrecked body parts I have accumulated.

The major concern I have riding on it is getting over logs when you have to pull the front tire up to get over it. I practiced on the curbs on my street and it seemed to hold up nicely there. I'll never know for sure unless I hit the trails though.

Thats probably more of an answer than you wanted! Sorry, just started rambling. Maybe I'll meet up with you Sunday. 11 am, right?

Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

More
11 years 6 months ago #11174 by jroden
jroden replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
I have been walking and running at hunters a fair bit lately, as my dog has been getting a little heavy from peanut butter sanwich stealing. I was out yesterday and the soil in most places was tacky but not muddy, with the usual spots being pretty sloppy. Today's rain will change that, but in general you could string together a fairly dry course if you knew where to go.

The places where the county have been using heavy equipment on the main service road are pretty muddy.

It looks like another group has been spreading a lot of wood mulch and gravel on the trails near the parking lot, maybe it will make them a little less muddy. Also, it looks like the county is trying to create some sort of drainage creek from the old parking lot to divert water away from the trail, sort of.

More
11 years 7 months ago #11166 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Wooa, sorry to hear about the shoulder. "Spectacular" crash? Pics or details-which trail?

Good to hear you are back, if it doesn't kill you, it just makes you stronger-
or gets you a free meal (out of a bet).

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
11 years 7 months ago #11165 by Joker
Joker replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
I like that forecast. Can we keep it? I have to be honest and say the rain hasn't bothered me as I seperated my shoulder 3 weeks ago in a spectacular crash at HV, so I wouldn't be riding anyway. However, its finally rounding back into shape and I am looking to ride this weekend. That forecast looks promising....

Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

More
11 years 7 months ago #11160 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
So is everything super wet? Here-HC (Jon or Ben), or Eville (Bill)?

Conditions will change for the better Friday...finally-depending on whose forcast you follow...Luckily spring has been very dry.

I like this forcast

http://www.wgrz.com/weather/map5+.asp

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.