Moraine, about an hour south of Erie, PA

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #43772 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Moraine, about an hour south of Erie, PA

What about the Coal Bed Loop?

Heavy snow cover with a thick crusty snow base you can stand on, probably the same as ASP ridgetops. We have had accumulation every night for forever. Scandia gets a lot of snow, some kind of magical elevation or something, and somebody forgot to schedule the 70 degree March weather of last year. So south we drive.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by fat guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #43770 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Moraine, about an hour south of Erie, PA
I've never been there,, my guess is at least 2 hours probably not over 3 on the bike, depends on what it's like and how much gumption I got. looks like weather will at least be partly sunny, so shouldn't have to stop due to being rained on...

but who knows... it's pretty much right off of I79 so not hard to get to.

More
4 years 8 months ago #43769 by Scottish
Scottish replied the topic: Re: Moraine, about an hour south of Erie, PA
how long are you guys planning on riding?

More
4 years 8 months ago #43767 by twright
protective pads.. fat bike, and beer to help me relax over the rocks. thinking of snagging a few of these in case I fall behind..

www.amazon.com/Boost-Oxygen-Natural-Ener...ywords=sports+oxygen

will carbo and caffeine load with tim bits and coffee..

I should make it back to the truck in some shape..

More
4 years 8 months ago #43760 by Justin
Justin replied the topic: Re: Moraine, about an hour south of Erie, PA
I rode Moraine last weekend and conditions were great, very little mud. Tough place to ride early in the season when still a bit out of shape though!

More
4 years 9 months ago #43741 by twright
maybe, FG will weigh in on a comment about Coal bed.... last time I was in Warren.. Sunday... there was really no snow... but I didn't drive up to the ridge....

getting anxious for building and riding...honestly right now.. not sure which wins out...

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.