Jakes Rocks project meet and see

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #39775 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
Corrected map, if it helps. Hiking trail has off white blazes, XC ski trail has blue, red section is unblazed.
11 miles in 2-3 hrs should give you an idea that this is not a beginner loop. Somebody should have cut back the laurel on the eastern loop, but they have been tied up. Another somebody did run a DR mower down the XC ski trail where the berry brush was growing up.
I have never been on a group ride on this trail that didn't have at least I person leave with gears and come back singlespeed. I think the last group had 5 riders with 2 unplanned derailleur adjustments.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fat guy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #39772 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
I am planning on being there. As Bo said, wheels turning at 9 AM. Actually, last time I rode there it was Bo's truck pulling in the lot as we were about to hit the trail.

More
6 years 8 months ago #39770 by Bodacious
Bodacious replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
Yes ride starts/finishes at Morrison Trail head.

No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

More
6 years 8 months ago #39766 by Bodacious
Bodacious replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
Pedals turning and wheels rolling at 9am should get you around in 3 hours. Pete is not available to ride, so will need others to lead. I have rode it a bunch of times but there are a few turns at the beginning I usually relied on him for.

I will try and make it.

No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

More
6 years 8 months ago #39765 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
yup

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #39759 by Bradley
Bradley replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
At what trailhead will the group ride start from? I'm interested as well.
Nevermind, stupid question, I see it's a loop off of 59 just past Rimrock.

Long Live the Fest!!
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Bradley.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.