Jakes Rocks project meet and see

More
6 years 11 months ago #39791 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
Thanks for those who came down to lend support, sorry the mountain laurel made hiking the potential trail such an issue. we should have set up somewhere else I guess.

[ timesobserver.com/page/content.detail/id...in-ANF.html?nav=5006 ] timesobserver.com/page/content.detail/id...in-ANF.html?nav=5006

NAMBA hopes that the last little bit of the initial funding will be done by Dec. The managing forester showed up later in the afternoon and we and IMBA were pleased with his line of questions and comments. perhaps the planets are aligning.

there are hurtles but if all goes well, they could begin working the ground Spring 2013... and the blue and black trails are targeted to be the first ones completed.. with the green, more beginner friendly trails completed last.

at least that is the gist of the plan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #39784 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
Glad to see the WNYMBA contingent going to be there. I need to head up to the meeting place by 11.. and to be honest with the bum shoulder and the degree of technical stuff you all are chattering about. I will likely be in the parking lot by 9.. but do an out and back or something on some of the tamer parts. See you tomorrow, if I don't catch you at 9.. will see you up at the jakes rocks presentation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #39781 by Bodacious
Bodacious replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
This is an expert ride or someone with expert skills but not expert fitness. Yes this trail does lend itself to breakdowns. It is really pretty, but also lots of rocks and obstacles.

It is going to be down right cold at 9am.

3 hours should be fine to get around and go to Jake's Rocks for the meeting. A good show of support even if not riding is a good idea.

Trail head has a nice parking lot and a one holer.

No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

More
6 years 11 months ago #39780 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
219 through bradford, right onto 770 and another right onto 59

More
6 years 11 months ago #39778 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
If one were considering this ride, what would be the most direct driving route to the trailhead from points north? Or at the very least, from Salamanca?

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

More
6 years 11 months ago #39777 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Jakes Rocks project meet and see
As Mike says, this is definitely not a beginner's ride. It is very very rocky going downhill, and the second half of the ride is a long uphill slog.

This wouldn't be a good ride for the beginner or advance beginner rider, especially since we will be trying to get back to the parking lot by noon (no lolligagging)

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.