E-ville hospitality

More
6 years 10 months ago #39227 by skurge
skurge replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality

boogenman wrote: I usually do what Penguin does as well. The downhill is not worth the climb up eagle and I usually make a ride to Eville a full day trip. Parking up top gives me a chance to stop by the vehicle to grill some food and rehydrate between long trail rides.

lately a few friends and i have been parking at the bottom of the ski hills, climbing the road to the top, taking the ultra12 route, heading back down for some lunch and then doing it all over again

what a ride it has been :) i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, gotta work up to that one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38965 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality
I usually do what Penguin does as well. The downhill is not worth the climb up eagle and I usually make a ride to Eville a full day trip. Parking up top gives me a chance to stop by the vehicle to grill some food and rehydrate between long trail rides.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38963 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality
I usually drive to the top because I don't feel like wasting my limited energy on a nice long grind to the top. I have ridden from both training center and Eagle and yes it is closer and quicker to get started and a nice climb, but I would rather save my gitti up and go for the trails on top. I would reccomend the same to a new visitor as I don't know their ability or stamina level.

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

More
6 years 11 months ago #38955 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality
Skidder - I think your misunderstanding or I didn't make it clear. I come in from Salamanca on 219N the closest way to access the rim, bent rim, pale ale trails is to come up hungry hollow and park on the forest road. It would use more gas to drive all the way to Evl or Eagle forest road up 219, than to go directly into the forest at hungry hollow. Also, parking at the intersection of the pale ales/ anderson blvd, is pretty far from the top. I agree there's no need to drive to the top if you're starting your ride from Evl.

Is there a better way to access the souther sections when coming from Salamanca?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

More
6 years 11 months ago #38953 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality
Skidder, next time I ride eville not only will I DRIVE to the trail, but I'm going to leave my truck running with the AC on high the whole time I'm riding. That way when I get done with my ride my truck is nice and cool inside. I'm sure it will waste a TON of gas!

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #38952 by skidder
skidder replied the topic: Re: E-ville hospitality
You can ride up from the Village and access the trails from the Valley or Holimont in about the same time as it takes to drive from either direction.

About 30 minutes riding at a moderate pace.

No need to drive to the top.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by skidder.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.