Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?

More
6 years 9 months ago #38796 by twright
twright replied the topic: group ride and picnic down south
If you are not heading to 6HOP,, and wanted to get a look at Harris HIll ext. we are having a group ride there by NAMBA tomorrow,, sunday at 2pm.... after the ride you all are welcome to drop back to my house for some food

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #38774 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?
I know there is sweet riding everywhere since the weather has been behaving... but we are having another
group ride this coming Thursday at 6:30 if anyone wanted to take a gander at Harris Hill. there is also a ride
happening Sunday at 2pm.... same place. (the green return loop is perhaps 60% done. thanks kristian, jake, and mike.

More
6 years 9 months ago #38733 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Re: Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?
Like Thom said, it was great meeting some new riders (Dave, Scott, Phil), and I hope that more riders can make it out to Gerry in the future. If you cannot make it out for our weekly rides (Thursdays at 6:30), but yet want a "guided tour," shoot me a message, and I'd be happy to show you around if I'm available. A few of us will be out there on Saturday working on a new section, and there's a good possibility that it will be done by the end of July. I'll try to post a few more pictures to convince others to make the trip down.

Cheers :-P

More
6 years 9 months ago #38728 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?
Scotto, Dave and Phil, great meeting up with you all, and I am glad Jake and a the others was there to keep the speed up for you. As you said we still have future plans for more development,so each year it should continue to grow.. let us know when you might head down again.

was the route back any faster? it did have the benefit of tacos, right?

More
6 years 9 months ago #38725 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?
So we did the harris hill ride last night. Great bunch doing a ton of work out there. That place has some real potential. We started with all the new tight single track then hammered out on the eastside overland trail. I'm definitely going to try to get out there again. I think in lieu of the August meeting (which there isn't one anyways) a bunch of the club should head down there for the Thursday night ride. Well worth it. Plus you can see some pretty nifty trail building techniques, especially some of the log over and log ramps used to get thru some of the wet spots. I didn't have a speck of dirt on me.
www.wnymba.org/index.php?option=com_joom...s&layout=track&id=32

More
6 years 9 months ago #38693 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Re: Any interest in a Regular Harris Hill fast ride?
Contingent on the weather, the first Harris Hill group ride of the summer will take place this Thursday, July 7th at 6:30pm. These rides will continue throughout the summer on every Thursday, at the same time and at the same place. Please park at the barrier: maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20182604825...d0ec2db210b506&msa=0

If you have lights, you might want to consider bringing them just in case the shadows begin to grow a bit long. We traditionally ride a good chunk of the Overland before we let 'er rip on the singletrack. The trails are perfect for hardtails (26ers or 29ers), and there will be at least one who'll be rock'n on a rigid singlespeed.

It would be great to see some new faces out there :D

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.