Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11

More
6 years 11 months ago #38307 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11
I usually start at main lot, ride CCW and ride Skunk to top- turn around and ride it CW. When I get to XC trail head I either head over to Foote or ride main loop CCW again depending on time and more imporatantly legs.

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38304 by Lucas
Lucas replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11
Just compromise - ride CCW and then turn around and hit it the other way. There is not much flow either direction, so it works in both directions.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38300 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11
I can't decide which direction I prefer to ride, both directions have spots that are alot of fun. Naturally I prefer CCW because I HATE climbing and it feels like there is less of itb but lamost all of the East loop is a ton of fun going CW.

Sadly I have not ridden SB yet this year due to moving back out there :D

More
6 years 11 months ago #38289 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11
I got there at 6:30, and while it wasn't "full", there was a bunch of cars with racks.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
6 years 11 months ago #38288 by Mojo Man
Mojo Man replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11

Jon Sundquist wrote:

Mojo Man wrote: Where was everyone yesterday? I figured the lot would have been packed. It doesn't get any better than now. Put the golf clubs away and get some excersize.

Which lot? The main lot was pretty full of cyclists last night. Did you park at the XC ski hut?

The main lot, when I left at 7:00 it wasn't at all full

Mojo

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

More
6 years 11 months ago #38283 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: Today Riding at Sprague Brook 5/11/11
I prefer CCW because then you get to bomb down the fun "newer" section that parallels the XC trail at the end.

Skunk Ridge you have to do CW so you get to enjoy its fun downhill section though.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.