Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #37559 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
more pics of that nice ride. could have done without the snow on the access road, but the single track, that made it worth it.. that soil down there is more like a gravel driveway.. great for this time of year. some nice rocks to manage as well. let us know if any Buffalo way folk are thinking of making the drive.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #37555 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
^^
| |

That is what I was talking about when I said "This time of year, hit the dirt roads near Ellicottville and ANF". I am totally jealous. At least I got some road mileage in under the sun.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #37554 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Maple syrup is $62/gallon and takes hours of labor and bajigawatts of energy to make.
Stans is $100/gallon and the hardest part is getting the label straight on the bottle.
Maple syrup also won't evaporate or dry up in your tire, and is CO2 compatible.
It draws ants and yellow jackets, but they get stuck and help plug the hole.
I hope this helps!

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by fat guy.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #37552 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
I was trying to get the bead to sit, but I ended up getting Stan's all over my walls. :x It's time to get another gallon and try again.

Actually, I had a date at the Maple Syrup Festival. We then burned off the calories with a 23 mile dirt road/woods ride near Arkwright. Don't worry Fat Guy, I'll be down in your neck of the woods soon enough. By the way, do you have an extra bottle of Stan's and some 20" tubes I could use? :-P

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #37550 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Bodie6 musta had some kinda incident with the ghetto tire setup, because only a mental patient would have missed this ride.;-) mid 50's, sunshine, 80% bone dry once we got off the main drag packed in from the ice fishermen, no clay, all stone.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #37521 by fat guy
fat guy created the topic: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Easy paced social MTB ride leaving from the end of Coal Bed Rd. in Scandia at 2 pm Sunday.
Everyone is welcome.
Be prepared for some unrideable snow covered sections, and some icy standing water.
Meet here.
Questions and spam email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by fat guy.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.