Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday

More
7 years 3 months ago #37621 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
I was down in pittsburgh last saturday,, totally clear, you don't need to go to NC for riding... my guess pittsburgh south is fine... I am sure there are some sites to check out..
we (jamestown and below) didn't get hit like you up in Buffalo.. so I didn't mean the snow would stop a ride, just be annoying

kb vodoo- pm fatguy on here, he probably has a better way to describe where to go... if things go the way I want them to this weekend, I might be able to get out Sunday.

There is one turn off from the access road,, Fatguy prob. knows the 10ths of a mile from the parking to be looking for it... but that scandia loop isn't a 50 miler... , there are a few other sections to ride to make it longer, but I am not familiar enough with it to give you milage or times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #37620 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Nope. I didn't feel like making the long ass drive again. Now that I've changed my mind, nobody else in my crew wants to go.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
7 years 3 months ago #37618 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
You mean you're not scheduled to go to Aville this year?

Can't be the 2011 MVP if you don't even go?!?!?!?

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
7 years 3 months ago #37617 by kb voodoo

The Todd-ler wrote: Some of us in the S-towns got crushed with snow...riding season just got pushed back a few weeks. Prob in ANF too?!?!?

A springtime bike getaway can't come fast enough.

The temptation to jump in the truck and head down to Asheville just got a lot stronger...

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
7 years 3 months ago #37616 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Some of us in the S-towns got crushed with snow...riding season just got pushed back a few weeks. Prob in ANF too?!?!?

A springtime bike getaway can't come fast enough.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
7 years 3 months ago #37612 by kb voodoo

twright wrote: coal bed road in scandia the "loop" isn't marked, I would guess one of the usual NAMBA folks could be talked into a ride.

Even though it isn't marked, is it still easy to follow? I would think there would be enough tire tracks to act as a guide.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.