Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday

More
6 years 9 months ago #37677 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Nice! Yeah, I should have done that instead...

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #37676 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Chilly ride, who knew that less than 2 inches of snow on some of the trail could make it so annoying... hopefully this was the last of the cold ones.
Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago #37670 by twright

fat guy wrote: MTB ride leaving from the end of Coal Bed Rd. in Scandia at 10:30 Sunday

Meet here.
Questions and spam email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

OK, tried to quote the big guy for the google map link...

Sunday morning leaving from the trail head at 10:30, if you plan on coming down, pm me or fatguy by saturday night..

as I said, it's about 25 min. further south from Jamestown.

More
6 years 9 months ago #37669 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
What's going on with that ghetto signature? You are going to use up all their server space. :-P

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
6 years 9 months ago #37666 by twright
It's looking like a few of the NAMBA crew will be riding Coal Bed Road Loop on Sunday, we are still hammering out meeting times... so stay tuned... some of the more enthusiastic (fanatic) members are talking about doing the loop twice.

the trail head is about 25 min. from Jamestown, NY if anyone from up north was thinking of heading down, that should give you an idea of how long it would take.

I personally wish it would be about 15 degrees warmer, but hey, riding is riding.

More
6 years 9 months ago #37659 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Southern Tier Group Ride Sunday
Not much new snow on the ANF. Other than the hellbender route which I am not familiar with, the other long routes will be a mixed bag of snow, ice and mud. Can't hurt much riding it, but its not that great. Routes like Scandia / Coal Bed are short, but mostly free of muck/snow/ice. Still lots of snow and ice to be found in the valleys and north facing hills, you have to pick and choose.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.