New site

More
7 years 1 month ago #37328 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: New site
Exactlly! I used to have season passes at KB and later would ski there every Sun morning until it got cheesy. This was back in the days when World was a bump run and terrain parks didn't exist You could get breakfast sandwiches that were good- then they changed to the garbage that Sportservice served. I switched to HV and have never even thought of going back.
I am at HV at 8:30 am on Sundays catching first chairs. Fresh snow does get skied off quickly and afternoons get crowded but there is no comparison. I go to ski not drink so bars do not matter - terrain does!
If I have a day off during the week it's Holimont or my wife likes Peek N Peek. (great golf course in summer!)

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #37322 by pmac225
pmac225 replied the topic: Re: New site
I can't believe we're actually comparing KB to HV. There is no comparison!

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #37298 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: New site

hovno ruky wrote: On the other hand, I swear, I have been to KB almost 20 times this year, last night included, and it has snowed a bit every time I have been there.

I live at KB, literally, and it snows almost every night in the winter.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by kb voodoo.

More
7 years 1 month ago #37293 by hovno ruky
hovno ruky replied the topic: Re: New site
Ok, so I did not make the gathering, I was bummed, something came up with the wife, and if I am right, the weather was not that great. So, anyone doing some spring skiing?

More
7 years 2 months ago #36863 by hovno ruky
hovno ruky replied the topic: Re: New site
Garick, that was kind of what I was alluding to, that day I went last time, it was snowing fluff, and it was so icy, it was awful. On the other hand, I swear, I have been to KB almost 20 times this year, last night included, and it has snowed a bit every time I have been there. The grooming has gotten better even then last year. The only thing is the parking on Saturdays kind of sucks, but otherwise, it is heavenly. I have been thinking about Bristol, I work odd shifts, if anyone ever wants to go out during day hours, let me know. Not just to Bristol, I mean HV, Holimont, KB, or even Cockagine or Swain

More
7 years 2 months ago #36860 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: New site
the one thing I hate about hv is the grooming and snow conditions. I can't think of any other place where it can snow a foot and be icy in the same day. This season has been especially bad with uneven grooming. At least its easy to stay off the runs when there is enough snow.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.