Oooooohh.......7 speed!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #44100 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: Oooooohh.......7 speed!!
I'm not bent out of shape....well maybe a little 8-) I run 1x9 on both my bikes so I guess I'm just a little bitter about the cost of 1x11. I don't need that many gears but some of the features of the XX1 technology would be useful. But not at that price. I guess I'll always be behind the curve with my drivetrains, plodding along with outdated technology and not enough gears.

www.bikemag.com/gear/spotted-sram-7-speed-drivetrain/

I realize this is downhill specific R&D but there are aspects I'd like to see applied to XC/trail technology. The ability to shift two gears at once, "distinct gearing steps", yes and yes.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #44099 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Oooooohh.......7 speed!!

boogenman wrote: but no questions the annual pocket robbing by Fox and Rock Shox.

And this is why I bought an X Fusion...

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
5 years 3 months ago #44098 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Oooooohh.......7 speed!!
All of the SRAM Blackbox riders have been on prototype 6,7,8 or 9 speed systems for the past 3-4 years, no surprise here. Don't worry it won't trickle down to XC or trial bikes.

I do find it funny how so many people get all bent out of shape because the component manufacturers are always playing around with gearing in a perceived attempt to steal the consumers money but no questions the annual pocket robbing by Fox and Rock Shox.

More
5 years 3 months ago #44097 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Oooooohh.......7 speed!!
Ha!!!!

That is awesome. :D :D

But I mean, isn't it obvious? They can't squeeze any more gears in, so why not pick a random lower number of gears.

Hey I know!! How about....{drum roll please}.......7!!! 8-) 8-)

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #44096 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u created the topic: Oooooohh.......7 speed!!
These bike parts companies are f***ing ridiculous!!

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by slower_than_u.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.