Stan's ztr ach ex tire mounting help

More
5 years 3 months ago #44055 by shawnRM
shawnRM replied the topic: Re: Stan's ztr ach ex tire mounting help
Slower than you,
Where are you at in the north towns? If I end not working tomorrow night, or end up getting out early. Maybe I can stop out.
Shawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #44054 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: Stan's ztr ach ex tire mounting help

boogenman wrote: All you need is a good metal tire lever.

I hope you're not serious with that advice......

ShawnRM, I've run the Arch EX on my 29er since the day they came out with tires from Maxxis, Specialized, and Stan's and I've never experienced what you're describing. In fact, I've been on Stan's rims since 2008 and never had the problem you're describing.

Is there a rubber rim strip or Stan's yellow tape on the rim? Or both?

Without physically seeing the wheel, I'd say there's a rim strip on there that is causing you the problem or somebody applied several layers of the yellow tape when you only need one. In both situations, the diameter of the rim is increased just enough to make it difficult to get the tire mounted.

Most definitely DO NOT put a metal tire lever on your rims!! If you're in the northtowns, I'd be happy to help you get that sorted out. If you're south, see Greg at Sliders or Dennis at Ellicotville Bike and Bean.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

More
5 years 3 months ago #44053 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Stan's ztr ach ex tire mounting help
All you need is a good metal tire lever.

More
5 years 3 months ago #44052 by shawnRM
shawnRM created the topic: Stan's ztr ach ex tire mounting help
Hey guys,
So I have a freshly build pair of Stan's ztr arch ex wheels laced to Chris king hubs. I'm currently going to be running them with tubes. 8'm have a bitch of a time mounting tires to them. I spent 20 min try to remove the maxxis Icons that are on them,without puncturing a tire. Now I've spent over 45 min try to get a kenda navegal mounted to it. With no success:x . I know a lot of you guys love the Stan's stuff. How do you efficiently mount anything to them. I would hate to get a flat in the woods. It would end up being a hike instead. Thanks in advance for any input.
Shawn

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.