Tire Recommendations?

More
4 years 3 months ago #44380 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
Yeah, they were quite nice tonight. I felt like I was going a little slower, but that most likely was due to the high heat and humidity. I was more soaked tonight than any time this summer. I thought we were through with that shit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #44379 by KeithB
KeithB replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
I second the 29-3 / XR3 tires. They are big, fairly light, grip well, and roll fairly fast for what they are. The 29-2 / XR2 is even bigger and faster if you don't need quite as much grip.

More
4 years 3 months ago #44378 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
I road a new bike a Trek demo at Shindagin a few weeks ago. Not in the market for a new bike, but I loved the tires. They were marked Bontrager 29-3 team issue. If you go to the Bontrager site you can't find them. But there are XR3 ones there. I asked Pete at JRA if he had these in stock because he is a Trek dealer. He said he did and I got the XR3 expert (not team issue) ones. I thought that was a mistake, but actually, these weren't on thier web site, but are actually lighter (675 g) than the team issue ones (705 g according to the website).

OK I digress, the Bontrager website and model numbers seemed to be f'd up, but I loved the tires on the demo bike, and the ones I got from Pete look the same. Am going to try them for the first time tonight. I really liked them on the demo bike. Light (675 gm for a 29 x 2.3) and really hooked up on the turns, way better then the ignitors.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #44377 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
I am giving Ardents a whirl for fall/winter night, leaves and mud and 'who cares how slow I am' season.

www.bikemag.com/gear/tested-maxxis-ardent-2-4-x-29/

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by fat guy.

More
4 years 3 months ago #44370 by bluemirage188
bluemirage188 replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
wtb bronsons, best all rounder IMO. ive tried schwable hans dampf, but at half the price id still go with the WTBs

More
4 years 7 months ago #43957 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Tire Recommendations?
That is what I have 2.1's

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.