In all seriousness...

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #42813 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
Brain and fingers not cooperating... I meant rebound damping on the RP23. I find it works good for me on my Turner, though a normal Float R would do just the same.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Moto Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #42812 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...

Moto Mike wrote: I will say however that the RP23 does more than I (and probably a lot of people) need, I've NEVER turned on pro-pedal, I just adjusted the damping the first time and forget it, it works great and doesn't bob.

Adjusted what damping? There is none. Just rebound and the "P3" platform garbage. Which also restricts oil flow for the rebound side of the stroke.

My RP23 was a complete turd until I got it pushed and even a factory tune from push made it OK at best. If I had a few clicks of low speed compression I would be happy.

More
5 years 2 months ago #42811 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
I have not used the new Fox stuff, so won't comment on its ease of use or effectiveness.

I will say however that the RP23 does more than I (and probably a lot of people) need, I've NEVER turned on pro-pedal, I just adjusted the damping the first time and forget it, it works great and doesn't bob.

I love the old RLC too. If you have half a brain its easy to dial in the damping and low speed compression that you like and then you can just ride the $hit out of it and it stays spot on and keeps a smile on your face.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
5 years 2 months ago #42809 by boogenman
I have enough knowledge along with experience on different suspension set ups to know that it is junk. I also have a few friends from downstate who attended interbike and rode the new stuff.

Platform suspension in general is complete garbage and that is the direction Fox is heading. It makes sense for marketing but not for someone looking for great performance and tenability.

More
5 years 2 months ago #42808 by Scottish
Scottish replied the topic: Re: In all seriousness...
Have you used the new stuff? or are you just bitching and complaining because you have read reviews or specs and possibly have some suspension knowledge?

More
5 years 2 months ago #42807 by boogenman
What about the folks over at Fox Racing Shocks assuming we are all full blown retards when it comes to our suspension set up and tuning? CTD is a joke. What was wrong with RCL? It was right on the money.
I don't want some gimmick blow off garbage on my fork and rear shock,especially when it replaces the low speed compression! The Float RP23 had MORE garbage and gimmick adjustments that the new Float CTD boost valave. And don't get me started on "boost valve".
I want low speed compression and low speed rebound. Maybe high speed compression if they can throw it in the mix.

Rock Shox's RCT3 is getting pretty close to offering the same gimmick garbage for the perceived retard users as well.

I wish the bikes I am looking at for next season came equipped with Xfusion suspension, they actually get it.

I hope the egg head marketing guys at fox didn't shoot themselves in the foot here. The new stuff is complete garbage.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.