Crash at Windham

More
6 years 4 months ago #38764 by TSWOLF21
TSWOLF21 replied the topic: Re: Crash at Windham
Broken link? It's just showing a 6 second clip of some dirt jumping..

Singletrack Solitude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #38762 by dmarsh15
dmarsh15 replied the topic: Re: Crash at Windham
Yeah there was a rock that I was trying to jump off and see how far I could launch it...right to my face and shoulder. That crash scared me and I took the race run pretty easy and I placed 3rd in my category. The track was really fun but technical. It had a little bit of every kind of riding, wet roots and rocks loose dry corners, some drops and a jump at the finish line.

The scene was pretty cool, really enjoy talking to the pro mechanics and get their opinions on stuff. Most of them are really cool people but some were just not talkative at all. The GT guys took my bike on the truck and tuned it up for me before my race which was pretty cool. Our race was Saturday then the pros raced sunday, I ended up volunteering as a course marshall and was inches from the pros as they flew past me, I just dont understand how they can go so fast!

It was a great time and its too bad you couldnt make it out there. Youll have to make the next race at Plattekill or something.

Braaapp

More
6 years 4 months ago #38761 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Crash at Windham
It looks like the braking bump or dip right before the lip of the jump pre-loaded your fork causing the crash. It is amazing how bad a crash can be on a DH bike and you get right up and keep going.

How did you do? How was the scene?

All my fellow Delta House Racing guys were there at the Platty tent but I have been missing out on the DH riding this year because of work and other stuff. :cry:

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #38759 by dmarsh15
dmarsh15 created the topic: Crash at Windham
I crashed while practicing for my race at Windham, heres the video:

I rode away with only minor scratches and the bike was fine.

Windham Crash

Braaapp
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by dmarsh15.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.