new bike suggestions..

More
7 years 11 months ago #37007 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: new bike suggestions..
Does it have to be brand new? I'll be selling my Jamis XLT. 19" frame, Fox Float R shock, Fox Float RLC fork, XT drivetrain, Juicy 5 brakes. Let me know if you'd like more info/interested. I'd let it go for well less than $1500, unless you'd like to give me $1500 for it 8-)

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #37001 by KeithB
KeithB replied the topic: Re: new bike suggestions..
I'm 5'11" and 160# and am selling a Full Suspension bike
www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/archive/topfuel69er
with many upgrades that could be had in your price range if I down spec it a bit.
With that said, going to a local bike shop that really understands fit and is willing to swap parts to tailor the fit for you is worth it. $1500 for a new full suspension bike is a tricky price point. Spending a little more tends to get you a much better bike (tubeless wheels, better components and suspension. Like TJ said, a few bucks up front can save you a lot in the long run.

More
7 years 11 months ago #36998 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Re: new bike suggestions..
IMO, spend the extra $500-$800 and get what you really want and should have! i'm serious, and no, i do not work in a bike shop...but seriously, they say spend a little more than you are comfortable with squeezing every little penny out...it will pay off in the long run...or you could build bikes like me and a lot of others around the area and keep spending $ upgrading or changing parts all the time...it all depends on what you want. bottom line, buying a complete bike from your LBS is the best bang for the buck! (big brand companies spec bikes so well now it's crazy not to buy a good model up front, well worth the money) especially if you score a year end model deal or grab some other goodies. if you treat the shop good and work out a deal, they will treat you good back.

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

More
7 years 11 months ago #36996 by mikeyken23
mikeyken23 created the topic: new bike suggestions..
hey guys hows it going? i would like to get some feedback from everyone if possible. I am looking at getting a new bike within the next few months. ive always had hardtails but i think im finally going to get a full. my budget is fairly low about $1500 im looking to spend. i am 5'11 and about 215 lbs. i would like some suggestions as far as quality of bikes for that price. Im not looking at any specific brand, i would rather have something that fits me correctly. so any suggestions would be great.

Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly RIP KEG 2|1|86 - 3|16|04

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.