NEW BIKE HELP please:)

More
8 years 1 week ago #36751 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)

george wrote: TJ

Tell me more about this Alden MTN Bike program. I would love to get a bicycle program started at the High School I work at.

true true, yeah it was a grant they got...i am very much so interested in what they are doing with the bikes and what programs they are doing. we need to get into the schools and get the young prospects building trails and riding with us. i will talk to some peeps i know there and find out more details.

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #36713 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)
Cool!
Your are right, Eric IS an excellent mechanic-really knows his stuff. He has rebuilt some high end Fox forks for me, trued wheels that many mechanics would have told me to just junk.

That's a very nice looking, trail ready bike that should easily take whatever the WNY trails throw at it!

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #36710 by Eric Davis
Eric Davis replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)
After hitting up 5 LBS's I finally decided to go with a Jamis through Eric in Hamburg. He is a really knowledgable guy and has been into bikes for a long time "as many of you know". He had a couple great deals on Redlines, but they did not fit me right. I was in the shop for over an hour talking to him and he answered all of my questions in an honest manor "I am really big on customer service in any industry". If you have not been in the shop I recomend it. Here is the link to the bike I am getting. www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/hardtails/exile/11_exile3.html I am psyched about getting into riding again and have not felt this way about it in years....looking forward to the season. Thank you board memebers for all your replies and help....I never would have thought of going to that shop in Hamburg.:D

Eric

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #36629 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)
The latest issue of Mountain Bike Action has a rather lengthy article about High School mountain bike racing teams out west. It seems that it's catching on rather quickly. Interested schools should contact Gary Boulanger at the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) at (650)521-1624.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #36628 by jroden
jroden replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)
Alden's program was funded by a Carol White PE grant through the federal department of education, the shop in won the bid to supply the bikes. It would be great for the club to make a connection with a ready-made population of riders.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #36627 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: NEW BIKE HELP please:)
Orchard Park High School had a MTB club/program in the 90's-2000's. Jon might be able to give more info about it, his neighbor ran the program for a few years.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.