who is a studder

More
8 years 1 month ago #36507 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: who is a studder

twright wrote: ok, tried the old screws from inside out trick

That's the same method we used to use as kids.

We would have oval track races on a frozen swamp behind my friends house. It was awesome. Every once in a while one of us would go through the ice, but it was still fun.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #36502 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: who is a studder
last night a quick ride, only 15 min. again on hardpack streets and through the cementery... tires still holding air and helping me maintain control. you do have to be more cautious I have found.. glad I was not clipped in.

More
8 years 1 month ago #36471 by twright
ok, tried the old screws from inside out trick, took me maybe 90 mins. just took a quick spin around the block, guess you would call the streets hard pack, took a spin on my 26 and 29 non studded as well.. and there is a sig. difference.. not sure how long they will last,, but $5.95 at home depot, and some duct tape. it's been 4 hours and they are still holding air..

I have no idea how long these will hold up.. but I don't see myself logging several hundred miles on them anyway..

will update when I do a true ride on them... just took a few pics.. but guess you will have to visit here to look

http://harrishillext.webs.com/apps/photos/

More
8 years 1 month ago #36172 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: who is a studder
I wonder if the zip tie trick would have worked in that situation. Probably better than nothing. Just don't get a puncture...

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

More
8 years 1 month ago #36167 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: who is a studder
WOW there is a lot of snow down there!

More
8 years 1 month ago #36165 by twright
yeah, the reason you don't see me in the picture is because I only made it about 100 yards before I tossed in the towel... I was going no where fast, not to mention that was on the flats...

well, at least I got to "enjoy" a drive around lower Chaut. and northern warren county on new years day morning...wooowoo ....
:evil:

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.