The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #43666 by CORNROCKET
CORNROCKET replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
Thank you WNYMBA for your support of FROSTBIKE v2013.
It was great to see so many of our friends from South of the border.

The SHCC hopes everyone enjoyed themselves yesterday.
Official Race Results will be posted very soon so please stay tuned.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by CORNROCKET.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #43665 by CORNROCKET
CORNROCKET replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
FROSTBIKE ~ Lost & Found

Found at the Starting Line;
Blue Coat

Found at the City Tavern;
Black Gloves

post up to claim

More
5 years 8 months ago #43664 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
Yes! Anther awesome Frost Bike in the books. I can honestly say that no two frost bikes are the same. In fact, I've ever raced anything like that before. Solid ice single track rut through the woods, even on the ups and downs (especially on the ups a downs)! I would like to hear from people fortunate enough the have run studded tires. If I had know exactly what the conditions were going to be like, I would have paid the $200 or so to pick up some studded tires.

I don't know exactly how the can-am challenge works other than that Wade handed me a pitcher of beer while awaiting the awards in the city tavern. So thanks very much for the free beer! It was distributed to as many WNYMBA members as possible. I did come prepared with a six pack of Founder's brewery porter in case I had to pay out.

Other things of (not exactly) note are that the border guards seem to be more interested in if I know my license plate number than if we are carrying any booze with us, even though the cooler was in plain sight with the handle sticking up. And I got IDed by the waitress lady at the city tavern!? Strange times.

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

More
5 years 8 months ago #43662 by velociped jones
velociped jones replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
thanks to our fellow imba-ites at short hills for putting on another great event! the post race party at the city tavern was a lotta fun (if you haven't tried the poutine there, it's the real deal). La Crêperie on west street is also worth a visit. i couldn't even finish the peameal bacon that came with my breakfast because it was so big.

Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.

More
5 years 8 months ago #43660 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

bennymack wrote: Sounds like there's something for almost everyone. Will there be any run-ups for the cyclocrossers?

A few of the short climbs are a little slick. I had to run up i and dab another.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
5 years 8 months ago #43659 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

I would NOT go cross in the hood!

I could be wrong but I don't think we have ever had a Cross Bike actually finish one of our races, most DNF.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.