The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

More
5 years 8 months ago #43658 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
Sounds like there's something for almost everyone. Will there be any run-ups for the cyclocrossers?

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #43657 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013
Just finished a test lap of the course for tomorrow. It is a total mixed bag of tricks. Bare frozen ground that may get soft with sun exposure, bumpy frozen ground slush and ice, smooth ice, 6-8” crunchy snow… First of the ice is very visible and avoidable with some slow speed maneuvering, so ride safe and smart. Trying to decide on your set up for tomorrow there will be advantage to plain old knobbies that will roll fast where they can. For you studs there will be lots of trails you can ride with abandon past those gingerly picking a line though the skating rink. My fat brothers and sisters there will be enough deep crunchy snow for you to float past others making pushing the extra lbs around worth the trouble. Should be hard but fun. I managed as a mid pack rider to ride the course in an hour at a relaxed pace.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #43652 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

8:30?

I'll be up anyway, and I like having a cushion.

Course pre ride?

Of course. And maybe a post-lap if the ground stays frozen.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by slower_than_u.

More
5 years 9 months ago #43651 by Mojo Man
Mojo Man replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

slower_than_u wrote:

TJ_Zydel wrote: Anyone car polling?

We could switch to the three bike rack and make room for one more. Departing Amherst 0830. If you are someone that is habitually late, things probably won't work out :-P

And I reserve the right to run a background check so as to avoid problems at the border 8-)

8:30? Course pre ride?

Mojo

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

More
5 years 9 months ago #43650 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

slower_than_u wrote:

We could switch to the three bike rack and make room for one more. Departing Amherst 0830. If you are someone that is habitually late, things probably won't work out :-P

And I reserve the right to run a background check so as to avoid problems at the border 8-)

whoops, I'm driving alone...or just bailing from the race...haha

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

More
5 years 9 months ago #43649 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: The Frostbike ~ Winter Mountain Bike Race 2013

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.