S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park

More
6 years 14 hours ago #42324 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park
Todd - you kind of podiumed. Yes it is a left over third place trophy from this year's Hardcore 24, but at least it is some kind of recognition of your efforts. Heck, our trophy is a left over Hardcore trophy, but I personalized with a Sharpie. I'll take it. BTW - I eventually will get yours and Patrick's trophies down to Sliders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 15 hours ago #42322 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park
Yeah, big thanks to Park Ave for another great year!
Trails were pretty good considering it basically drizzled all day long.
Patrick and I failed to podium but had a good time anyways. I have only done these 6 hour races solo- team is much easier obviously. Attendance (top level talent) was down it seemed- where was everyone?
Trails are fast but crazy rooty. My hands were hurting a bit on the rigid SS.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
6 years 1 day ago #42294 by TSWOLF21
TSWOLF21 replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park

slower_than_u wrote: ...Team Crankskins was well represented on the podium. Trevor won his solo age category and I believe he took the overall solo win...

***Second overall, Ken Warner of the Rochester area took first!

Awesome day to be in the woods. THANKS PARK AVE

-TSW

Singletrack Solitude

More
6 years 2 days ago #42283 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park
I have to admit I wasn't really feeling into it at the start but after a couple of laps I noticed we had a race to win. Going back and forth with EJ and Jim was awesome, at one point we were about a half a minute apart.
Awesome job by Park Ave and all the Rochester local shops and especially GROC. Great event, great course and great support. It just wouldn't be the Suicide 6 if it didn't have rain.

More
6 years 2 days ago #42281 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park
After obsessing over the weather all week, I'm glad I decided to go to Spencer Park for the S6. The course was nice and dry at the start of the race but it wouldn't be the S6 if it didn't rain. The weather seemed to be on repeat(sun/clouds/mist/rain, sun/clouds/mist/rain) all day. The course was dry enough that only the freshly cut singletrack they added this year turned greasy. Everything else held up fine.

Team Crankskins was well represented on the podium. Trevor won his solo age category and I believe he took the overall solo win. Jason and Ben were the overall team winners. After a race long battle with Jimmy and Ej that came down to just a couple of minutes at the end, Scotto and I (racing as Sliders/Crankskins) won the 40+ team category.

The Park Ave. Bike crew did a great job with timing and scoring and I thought the event ran seamlessly. It was cool to hear them mention eight or ten different bike shops from the Rochester area during the awards ceremony. It would be nice to get more shops from Buffalo/WNY involved in WNY mtb racing.

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

More
6 years 3 days ago - 6 years 3 days ago #42274 by slower_than_u
slower_than_u replied the topic: Re: S6 MTB Race - Sunday, August 12 - Spencer Park
Anybody from the area have an update on the trail conditions in Spencer Park? I was down into Genesee and Wyoming County yesterday and today and the drought is definitely over there with several inches of rain this past week. I suspect the same weather went through the Spencer Park area?

Just found this on Chuck G.'s Twitter
twitter.com/bikecg

Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 6 years 3 days ago by slower_than_u. Reason: added link

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.