Winterfest MTB race is a GO!

More
7 years 2 months ago #40184 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: Winterfest MTB race is a GO!
The race made the front page of the www.orchardparkbee.com
Also, here is a short video someone shot of the start:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #40140 by TGS
TGS replied the topic: Re: Winterfest MTB race is a GO!
Cool that the race went on since you got some snow. I'm soooo bummed we did not attend...syracuse was dry and cold. Maybe some other time. Super job,guys.

Ride fast and look good

More
7 years 2 months ago #40139 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Winterfest MTB race is a GO!
The race made the Buffalo Snooze! Kind of....

www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/orc...rk/article717426.ece

More
7 years 2 months ago #40138 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: Winterfest MTB race is a GO!
Big thanks to all who put in the work to make this race happen. Jen and I had a great day racing and we had some great family time with the kids before and after the race enjoying the toboggan run and all the winterfest activities. What a great winter day with family and friends! The kids were asking if they can go again next year.

Hope to see all the other racers at The Frostbike.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
7 years 2 months ago #40137 by Scotto
What a great day for racing. I wish I could of been out there. Thanks to all the sponsors, these event could not happen with out them: Town of Orchard Park Recreation Dept, Mud, Crankskins and Sliders.
Thanks to everyone who came to race and support this event.
Here is a link to the results:
docs.google.com/document/d/1bxO00NMBFjvr...CxU1RzlxrOpMxEs/edit

More
7 years 2 months ago #40133 by Scotto
It should perfect conditions for a snow MTB race. Heavy, wet snow on top of crystallized granular. About 2-3 inches which will make it very interesting. DANG I wish I could race this one.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.