WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII

More
7 years 2 months ago #39856 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII

Bradley wrote: I kind of liked the outside cold shower on a pallet. It was always refreshing.

I am sure scotto can whip one of those up really quick if you really want one. ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #39850 by Bradley
Bradley replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII

John: I think you are misreading Bradley's post. Brad is from way down in PA (not just on the border like Bradford and Warren) and travelled to E-ville every year to go to the fest. A real regular. It's folks like him and others that travelled a long way that will miss the fest being in E-ville the most. They aren't about to set up a replacement any time soon!

Jon, well said.

I don't mean to come acrossed as complaining about the change. I just wanted to say that this isn't favorable for everyone. It's a two hour drive for me to E-ville & probably a 3 hour drive to the brook. Which would you choose if you were in my shoes? I didn't say I wouldn't attend, it's just hard to justify extra driving for less trail mileage. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one thinking this, so I had to say something. I'm really just a casual WNYMBA member. I've been to a couple trail work days, half dozen group rides & eight festivals. The club really needs to accomodate the more active members.

There are also plenty of showers available!

I kind of liked the outside cold shower on a pallet. It was always refreshing.

Long Live the Fest!!

More
7 years 2 months ago #39843 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII

jroden wrote: This forum is a handy electronic way to continue the edict of "no good deed goes unpunished"

To my thinking, there is clearly nothing standing in the way of any individual or group hosting any sort of bike festival in the southern part of the state at any appropriate time of the year. It's a clean slate, so have at it.

John: I think you are misreading Bradley's post. Brad is from way down in PA (not just on the border like Bradford and Warren) and travelled to E-ville every year to go to the fest. A real regular. It's folks like him and others that travelled a long way that will miss the fest being in E-ville the most. They aren't about to set up a replacement any time soon!

It's too bad we don't have someone to run a fest in E-ville this year, but change is good. Most such things don't go on forever. Pedro's fest was a forerunner in things like this. I don't think they made it more than eight years either.

It's just too bad the trail mileage is limiting at the Brook.

More
7 years 2 months ago #39839 by wade
wade replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII
I have been heading down for the races at Sprague Brook with family and friends since WNYBRO started having them there. We make a weekend out of it and it seems to have always had more of a fest feel to it for us. Lots of lounging, riding bikes, camping, campfires and good times for a weekend away. The race is the excuse to make the trip but it is the whole weekend away that brings us back. With the fest now on the same weekend it will be even better, there will be even more to do and more mountain bikers hanging around the park. There are already three campsites booked for the weekend with friends and family and there should be more coming from the SHCC. I'm really looking forward to a great weekend with my friends family and most important my bike.

Team Short Hill Billys

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #39837 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII
Racing is only one small part of the whole fest plan. The RR has done this for years and with roadies too. Combining racing, riding and hanging out.
Like booger stated, the only bad thing would be that there is less trail mileage at the brook. The positives out weigh the negatives.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Scotto.

More
7 years 2 months ago #39836 by jroden
jroden replied the topic: Re: WNYMBA Bike Fest & STSIII
This forum is a handy electronic way to continue the edict of "no good deed goes unpunished"

To my thinking, there is clearly nothing standing in the way of any individual or group hosting any sort of bike festival in the southern part of the state at any appropriate time of the year. It's a clean slate, so have at it.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.