Colorado lift access trails?

More
6 years 2 months ago #42723 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?
Winter Park and everyplace else I have looked into has no lifts running during the week after labor day, although Keystone went to mid Sept.
Trying to climb at altitude in my current crappy condition won't be much fun.
Thanks anyways!
Hopefully I'll get back out there next summer for a more MTB specific trip.
Telluride should work out well, there's shops and stuff right off the gondola to keep the wife occupied for a coupla hours near as I can tell.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #42721 by barkeater
barkeater replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?
Had the fortune of skiing there a long while ago (~1991). Incredible skiing, scenery, and the town is ultra-cool. Skiing the back bowls is surreal.

More
6 years 2 months ago #42716 by Bodacious
Bodacious replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?
Todd you beat me to it. I also suggest checking out Winter Park. It is also one of the major resorts closer to Denver.

To-hell-u-ride is a great place if you have a $4mil trust fund. Awesome scenery there, be sure to check out the waterfalls at the far end of town. I would love to ski there some time.

Colorado has so many great trails. Check out the Fruita/Grand Junction area. If you go to CB you could also try riding at Hartman's Rocks in Gunnison. The Black Canyon is a great natural wonder to the west of Gunnison.

No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

More
6 years 2 months ago #42715 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?
There are way too many to name, but people often overlook Winter Park!

So many trails (many lift) to choose from. The town celebrates mtn biking!

www.winterparkresort.com/

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

More
6 years 2 months ago #42714 by irishman13
irishman13 replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?

fat guy wrote: Week long road trip around the southern part of the state. Looks to be 2 hrs from Durango, depending on the accuracy of Google Maps out there. Even if its 3, that's a good start to a day while it warms up a bit.

You will have to report back. Telluride is the one place that I have been trying to get to, it is just off the beaten path from everything else out there. Such a cool town with a ton of history!!

you just gotta give'r

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #42711 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Colorado lift access trails?
Week long road trip around the southern part of the state. Looks to be 2 hrs from Durango, depending on the accuracy of Google Maps out there. Even if its 3, that's a good start to a day while it warms up a bit.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by fat guy.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.