upgrading my trek fuel ex 5

More
6 years 3 months ago #42480 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: upgrading my trek fuel ex 5
I've owned Manitous and Marzocchis before and Fox blows them away in my opinion. You can get a 1 year old used Fox fork on ebay for about half price, which puts them at the same price point as a higher end Rockshox, Manitou or Marzocchi. Picked up my Float F29 RLC, was less than a year old and paid under $350.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #42478 by woodi
woodi replied the topic: Re: upgrading my trek fuel ex 5
My opinion is Fox is not the only way to go.

If you are looking for the best bang for your buck I would highly recommend checking out what Manitou has to offer these days. I am currently riding a Tower Pro on my 29er and it's a fantastic fork that can often be had new for under $400. I picked mine up with only a handful of rides on it for $280. I believe the minute pro would be the closest match to the tower pro in the 26er lineup. If you do end up with one of their forks with the Mars air system getting the correct ride kit (spring) for your weight is key to getting the most out of it and only costs $10-20.

I also very much like my rock shox sektor on my trail bike and consider that another fork that's great bang for your buck. I've got the 150mm air sprung model with a 15mm maxle.

More
6 years 3 months ago #42477 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: upgrading my trek fuel ex 5
My opinion is Fox is the only way to go.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
6 years 3 months ago #42476 by gravyl17
gravyl17 created the topic: upgrading my trek fuel ex 5
I am looking for some advise about what kind of front shock to upgrade to....... I have a stock recon silver onthe bike now. I ride the brook, eville, sprag, golden etc. I ride hard and love the DH but the ups are fun too. Lets hear what people are riding and what works for them. Hopefully this weekend I can talk to some people and ride some different shocks. Thanks for any input and see you all at the festival this weekend..........

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.