Da Brook

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #42475 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: Da Brook
just get ardents and you will stick to everything
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Garick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #42473 by TrailHunter
TrailHunter replied the topic: Re: Da Brook
Full rigid SS is the way to go. I'm on my 3rd season and have never had a mechanical issue on the trail, no squeaks, creeps, or peeps out of her.

2010 Asheville MVP
2010 Kingdom Trails MVP
2012 Ironman Lake Placid MVP
P.A.R.K. is ALIVE!!!

More
5 years 11 months ago #42472 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: Da Brook
Speed is the enemy when riding rigid at the brook. Drier conditions = higher speeds = less comfort. Combination of fewer parts to wear out and slower speeds makes rigid the ideal high moisture setup. Not that anyone rides then.

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

More
5 years 11 months ago #42470 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: Da Brook

kb voodoo wrote:

slower_than_u wrote: but I got beat up on the full rigid SS.

I don't know how so many guys can ride those things year after year. I tried it for half a summer, but just couldn't take the beating any more.

I tried it for half a lap at SB before I couldn't take it anymore! Full squish all the way.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
5 years 11 months ago #42469 by Sliders Guy
Sliders Guy replied the topic: Re: Da Brook
The dry conditions have definitely changed the ride a bit. I switched to a small block Geax AKA tread a while back and it's helped but I still get an occasional spin out at the top of the steeper climbs. The dust acts like a lubricant on some of the smooth roots and hard packed surfaces. Momentum is definitely your friend these days.

Sliders Guy
Colden, NY

Chains and shifters are history.

More
5 years 11 months ago #42468 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Da Brook

slower_than_u wrote: but I got beat up on the full rigid SS.

I don't know how so many guys can ride those things year after year. I tried it for half a summer, but just couldn't take the beating any more.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.