Kingdom Trails

More
5 years 9 months ago #42496 by TGS
TGS replied the topic: Re: Kingdom Trails
KT is a mecca, dude. I love it up here.8-)

Ride fast and look good

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #42482 by CORNROCKET
CORNROCKET replied the topic: Re: Kingdom Trails
We had a weeks vacation booked for East Burke Vermont to ride the Kingdom Trails earlier this month.
Was going to stay at "The Burke Bike Barn" .

:x had to cancel everything due to a bad knee infection.

More
5 years 9 months ago #42471 by TrailHunter
TrailHunter replied the topic: Re: Kingdom Trails
I've been there twice (2009 & 2010) and that place rocks! Your pictures don't come close to doing it justice.

2010 Asheville MVP
2010 Kingdom Trails MVP
2012 Ironman Lake Placid MVP
P.A.R.K. is ALIVE!!!

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #42453 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Re: Kingdom Trails
TJ - I'm not 100% sure the club or organization in charge of maintaining the trails. I believe that it is the Kingdom Trails Association. www.kingdomtrails.com/ Most of the trails are on leased land owned by private landowners. It's a "pay to play" kind of thing. For locals, it's $75 for a full season (April to April), as the bike trails double for 60 miles of groomed xc skiing trails and 40 miles of back country trails as well. For us out-of-towners, it's something like $10 a day, or so. They have chair lift accessed trails for all the gravity junkies. We tried the tamest downhill trail called "Jester," and it put our 4" xc bikes to the test.

My favorite trails were Troll Stroll, White School, Ridge, and Tap and Die. It's an unbelievable place, with a bike shop located right in the middle of the trail system.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by bodie6.

More
5 years 9 months ago #42449 by Moto Mike
Moto Mike replied the topic: Re: Kingdom Trails
Is Sidewinder and Tap & Die not awesome or what!?! Kingdom has a great setup and super fun trails. I need to go back one of these summers.

2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

More
5 years 9 months ago #42445 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Kingdom Trails
Looks amazing! I really need to strait traveling outside of the area and live a little! What did you use for a resource? ie what club or group built those trails?

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.