Moncler Website
Fjallraven Kanken Backpack
Timberland Boots
Adidas Yeezy
Christian Louboutin Shoes Sale Outlet
Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Pandora Necklace
Louboutin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #41898 by PHeller
PHeller replied the topic: Re: Trail Building at Peek'n Peak

More
7 years 1 week ago #41877 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Trail Building at Peek'n Peak
I was in the woods riding all weekend, so I haven't gotten around to setting up a spot on the web page yet. Hopefully get to it in the next few days.

More
7 years 1 week ago #41875 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Re: Trail Building at Peek'n Peak

PHeller wrote: TJ,

I spoke with Ben C. at the beginning of this process and it was his discussions at the WNYMBA meetings that gave me a lot of Western NY community insight. Ben said the following on the topic; "Also, please realize that although WNYMBA is very interested in this proposal. Peak'N Peak is located in the territory of NAMBA our neighboring IMBA Chapter. Do to this fact, NAMBA should be the primary IMBA Chapter contact and WNYMBA would offer our support to NAMBA as needed."

Thom/NAMBA obviously has had success with his efforts in Chatauqua County. He's got the contacts at DEC, he's flagged and built miles of trails, he's got a very good working relationship with many riders. I defer to him for his expertise in his community.

WNYMBA is obviously a much larger organization, with far more resources both in broadcasting and in funding, but there are many Erie, Warren, and Crawford County riders who do not identify with Western NY. They rarely travel to Ellicotville. Attracting those groups will be more about fostering that local link. I'm not sure if that can be accomplished with a regional club that spans from Buffalo to Jamestown and uses Ellicotville as the "ride center".

We NEED and BEG FOR the assistance and support of WNYMBA Membership to help make this place a reality because another awesome place to ride helps every mountain biker out there gain a little bit more respect in the eyes of land owners, government, and community.

Paul,

my apologies, i did not know Ben spoke to you and/or you were the contact. i had some information from one of our meetings and i personally did not hear much more. i do not spend a lot of time on this forum and it seems there are many others that have more info than i do or follow the developments further. my main point was not to take the opinions and feedback here with too much more than a grain of salt. having a defined spot on the web to chat and post developments would be a great! (Jon, sounds like a plan) i personally would love to help and having the Namba guys (Thom and his crew) as well as some support from wnymba would be amazing! the trifecta of the southern tier will be some serious riding!

Jon,

thank you for clarifying as i seem to be missing details and jump to the gun on my rhetoric. quality developments these days! i am excited!

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #41854 by PHeller
Additionally,

I plan to ask IMBA's legal team about what we can do to establish a long-running access plan to property.

In the end, anyone can take property back and lock down access. Even the government. The difference is, awesome trails with nice features will hopefully drive the private land owner to allow continued access, where those same "dangerous" feature on government land might lead to a closure.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #41853 by PHeller
TJ,

I spoke with Ben C. at the beginning of this process and it was his discussions at the WNYMBA meetings that gave me a lot of Western NY community insight. Ben said the following on the topic; "Also, please realize that although WNYMBA is very interested in this proposal. Peak'N Peak is located in the territory of NAMBA our neighboring IMBA Chapter. Do to this fact, NAMBA should be the primary IMBA Chapter contact and WNYMBA would offer our support to NAMBA as needed."

Thom/NAMBA obviously has had success with his efforts in Chatauqua County. He's got the contacts at DEC, he's flagged and built miles of trails, he's got a very good working relationship with many riders. I defer to him for his expertise in his community.

WNYMBA is obviously a much larger organization, with far more resources both in broadcasting and in funding, but there are many Erie, Warren, and Crawford County riders who do not identify with Western NY. They rarely travel to Ellicotville. Attracting those groups will be more about fostering that local link. I'm not sure if that can be accomplished with a regional club that spans from Buffalo to Jamestown and uses Ellicotville as the "ride center".

We NEED and BEG FOR the assistance and support of WNYMBA Membership to help make this place a reality because another awesome place to ride helps every mountain biker out there gain a little bit more respect in the eyes of land owners, government, and community.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.