Sprauge Brook made the news!

More
5 years 5 months ago #41827 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!
I actually went for a bike ride on the Amherst bike path with the guy who got stuck at SB. I went on the ride to assess his skills after the above mentioned incident and see if I could help him out. He was ok at riding on a bike path, but lacked the basic skills required for MTB (riding over roots, climbing hills,shifting etc)
Once he started in he got over his head real quick and probably walked more than he rode. I advised him not to go again until he developed basic skills and to go with a riding partner at first.
Nice guy, he may have moved from area.

Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #41813 by drabb
drabb replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!
One night I was out for a dusk ride, and had my light w/ me because I didn't know if I would get out in time. Returning I came across a guy with his young daughter. They were headed in, as I was coming out - but we were about 1 1/2 miles in. Stopped them and asked if they had lights, nope.

I followed them out, shining the light ahead. At first the guy didn't want my help, but 20 minutes later he was incredibly grateful.

More
5 years 5 months ago #41812 by Mack
Mack replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!
Remember a few years back some rider wrote on the Forum an amazing story of how he was stricken with darkness one night back there & had a trailside sleepover? Black as night, couldn't see a thing, slept traiside and had no more juice in the phone. Come light he was right on the edge of an extemely deep section of the ravine not that far from the road. Could have been real ugly, but safe & sound after a long night. I recall his wife called in for help after he went missing.
Would be a nice re-fresh if anyone can find that old story. Be prepared.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

More
5 years 5 months ago #41806 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!

boogenman wrote: Jon, what should the media call it? Is a 'hiking' trail any better? I'm sure they would never call it a multi use trail.

They should call it a "trail".

More
5 years 5 months ago #41805 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!
Those darn bath salts again!

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
5 years 5 months ago #41804 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Sprauge Brook made the news!
It is pretty easy to get lost if you have no sense of direction and you go for a evening hike unprepared.

Jon, what should the media call it? Is a 'hiking' trail any better? I'm sure they would never call it a multi use trail.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.