This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

More
3 years 1 month ago #44833 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.
if the attached map shows up... gives you an idea on the next work areas at HHE...

currently with No Dab, Rib Tickler, Humpty Dumpty, Myrtle's Romp, Lung Buster and Goatboy .. HHE has about 12 miles... the skills loop coming online Spring 2015 will have a small pumpish area, skinnies, drops and log fun... the Gut.. is a semi secret alternate run. more on that later..

... then we have a vague idea of 3 more loops... the first will be along stream side (see map) and play with some of the side slope.. a lot like current Myrlte's Romp..

the two others will stack off of that and head up on top and play along the ridge line and hoping to get some nice flow sections back and forth along the side sloop.

hoping that next years trail work season we can get 3 miles done... we shall see... all told if the loops happen as I hope HHE should be pushing close to 17-18 miles of Singletrack....

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #44832 by twright
HHE is leafblown and dry... great conditions. if the link works, shows some of the upcoming skill loop and a few other sections.

More
3 years 6 months ago #44685 by twright
HHE survived for the most part the deluge that hit Chaut. County, a few blow downs,, work will continue to spread the 15 yards of gravel about the skid road problem areas. this has delayed me a bit in opening up Goatboy, but it is explorable for those who can't wait. wide whale corduroy going in on the seeps on the new myrtle climb out as well.

skills loop won't get tackled till Summer Break.

More
3 years 7 months ago #44656 by twright
looking like the weather will be fine.. hope to see you there,, parking area at yellow barrier by 10... if you get there late, head down on No Dab to #5,,, (after crossing the stream take a right... Paul Nomes´╗┐,,, we will knock out the 250ish yards of new trail,, I did some benching already... then eat, and ride..

More
3 years 7 months ago #44628 by twright
Goatboy will be explorable on Saturday for those wanting some adventure..

wish I had Jedi levitation powers

not at all rideable yet, got to flatten top a bit, but at least it's where it needs to be..
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #44620 by twright
Saturday May 10th, 10 am ... HHE will be hosting a WNYMBA trail day. the current plan is to focus on the new climb up out of Myrtle's Romp back to No Dab. this will allow for another option as well as making Sept's HHH have better flow. I've put in the request of no rain, so we should be good with that. I hope to deliver all the tools down to the work site, so you can ride, skip or hike in (hiking will take about 15 min)... Lunch will be back at the cars at 1pm...earlier if we get a good turn out and start on time. Hope you plan to ride HHE after.... I am sorry to report that the upcoming HHE skills loop will not ready, but crossing my fingers that Goatboy will be explorable (for those who dare) would be great if you would RSVP so I have an idea on food needs

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.