Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #40836 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
Well thanks a lot, you know how to ruin everything!
Here I've been selling hemp dream catchers for nothing.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #40833 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
I didn't even realize until I just read and looked at all the documents that National Fuel is going to be building the cpmpressor station down the hill a little bit and out of sight from the road. Very cool!

I don;t see what all the fuss is about:o

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #40831 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

jroden wrote: these big diesels must need a lot of intake air, I bet that's a challeneg to keeping them quiet. 40db isn't much noise is it?

I am pretty sure that since these are burning natural gas, and at lean concentrations to reduce NOx production, means these are spark-ignition, not diesel.

And the noise level at the adjacent houses is already ~40db without this. It will go up 1-2 db with the new systems.

I still say National Fuel should contribute 10 tons of gravel, delivered along the pipeline inside the park for use in trail armoring where needed, as a good-will community gesture.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #40819 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
The turbos on that big cat are gonna purrr like Eric Barlow's big Dodge dually pickup truck!

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #40814 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #40807 by Legrand
Legrand replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
It won't be anywhere near 40db at the compressor. Since they're basically saying that you'll be able to hear about 42db at 1000ft, this means that at 1ft the sound will be about 100db, at 10ft it will be about 80 db.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Legrand.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.