Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

More
7 years 3 months ago #41072 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

TJ_Zydel wrote: ..i do feel for the local residents that have to deal with the situations that disturb the natural feel of the area. i'm assuming you live in the country area for a reason..

When you are in the market for a new home you should consider all the possible outcomes. Buying a house next to a gasline, railroad bed, power lines, large land plots and busy roads is a risk.

There has been a smaller compressor station or some other structure there for years, that should have been a red flag. After reviewing the documents in this thread I personally would not care if I lived in one of the 3 affected homes.

TJ_Zydel wrote: ...is it just me or does it seem like Erie County and NYS has built many parks around gas wells and pipelines...interesting...

The entire State and County is basically a natural gas well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #41068 by indigo22
indigo22 replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
Conspiracy theory? Did they bury Hoffa there?

lowly shop broom pusher since 2000

More
7 years 3 months ago #41066 by TJ_Zydel
TJ_Zydel replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
i try not to get involved in this portion of the forum but...i do feel for the local residents that have to deal with the situations that disturb the natural feel of the area. i'm assuming you live in the country area for a reason...moving forward...is it just me or does it seem like Erie County and NYS has built many parks around gas wells and pipelines...interesting...

ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

More
7 years 3 months ago #41044 by boogenman
boogenman replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
It won't be long now that we will be smelling the sweet aroma of diesel fumes while enjoying the mud on hermit ladies.

www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/sou...ie/article823644.ece

More
7 years 4 months ago #40841 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park
Sounds like prime habitat for the endangered bog turtle. You are gonna need earplugs for both the compressors AND the crys of dying turtles.
If we can just find one turtle, we can lock up the land in red tape so nobody can use it, including mountain bikers. Cripes.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
7 years 4 months ago #40839 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Compressor Station adjacent to Hunters Creek Park

boogenman wrote: I don;t see what all the fuss is about:o

I haven't been able to see what the fuss was about from the start of this thread. Everybody likes to bitch about this stuff, but they never complain about the fact that their house has heat and electricity.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.