Rochester Area Mountain Biking

More
6 years 9 months ago #36914 by GumbaFish
GumbaFish replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking
There are other places but as far as legal options I think you've listed the nearby options. Keith will hook you up with a good tour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #36912 by dmarsh15
dmarsh15 replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking

KeithB wrote: When are you moving to Rochester? There are a lot of options for riding here, depending on what type of riding you want to do. There are many nice neighborhoods that are walking / biking distance to downtown as well as trails with a wide range of rents. Tryon can be linked up with surrounding trails to do 20+ miles of singletrack if desired. PM me with details or look up Full Moon Vista bike and stop in and ask for Keith. The shop is currently located in a loft district downtown, but we are moving to the South Wedge (neighborhood just south of downtown) at the end of the month. I live in the Park Ave area, which is a 1-2 mile ride downtown and 2 miles from Tryon. It's a popular neighborhood for young professionals.

I am starting my job February 28th and will probably be moving within a week or so. I will have to stop in and check out your shop, thanks for the help.

Braaapp

More
6 years 9 months ago #36911 by dmarsh15
dmarsh15 replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Swain is about 45 mins closer and I am pretty sure they will have DH there this year.

The mygroc website has a lot of good info on it, thanks.

Braaapp

More
6 years 9 months ago #36910 by KeithB
KeithB replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking
When are you moving to Rochester? There are a lot of options for riding here, depending on what type of riding you want to do. There are many nice neighborhoods that are walking / biking distance to downtown as well as trails with a wide range of rents. Tryon can be linked up with surrounding trails to do 20+ miles of singletrack if desired. PM me with details or look up Full Moon Vista bike and stop in and ask for Keith. The shop is currently located in a loft district downtown, but we are moving to the South Wedge (neighborhood just south of downtown) at the end of the month. I live in the Park Ave area, which is a 1-2 mile ride downtown and 2 miles from Tryon. It's a popular neighborhood for young professionals.

More
6 years 9 months ago #36906 by bennymack
bennymack replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking
Ontario county park. Spencer park. Cutler, maybe. Others that I've only ever vaguely read about in random blogs. Things like "high-tor". Rumor has it that there are ways to string together 100 mile rides if you know what you're doing. Even further out for you is Shindagin which is more torwards Syracuse right near Ithaca. I guess all of this is only if you're willing to drive south of Rochester a ways.

Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

More
6 years 9 months ago #36905 by The Todd-ler
The Todd-ler replied the topic: Re: Rochester Area Mountain Biking
You will be closer to Swain right?
Their website stills shows mtb as a real option with lift servce for you DHers with big bikes.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.