Local Rails to Trails project

More
10 years 9 months ago #22221 by Mojo Man
Mojo Man replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project

fat guy wrote: Ut oh, politics alert! :)

Hey, I'm still thinking of our EV ride, it puts a smile on my face when I think about it. Can't wait until next spring.

David

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 9 months ago #22220 by krag krasher
krag krasher replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project
I love it when "safety" comes into these projects. :evil:

Count how many people you see walking, riding, runnning in parks, etc. with freaking MP3 player cranked, earbuds in place...not knowing at ALL whats going on around them at any time.

Easy picking for bad guys....and it's the Bike Paths fault....RIGHT! :? (sarcasm)

Is that a flower caught in your pedal, or are you just happy to see me?
More
10 years 9 months ago #22219 by Scotto
Scotto replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project
When I lived in Clarence I had that bike path running behind my home. This one in OP will be across the street. You should of saw the woman's face when I told her no and said that sounds like a great idea, priceless!
More
10 years 9 months ago #22218 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project
Ut oh, politics alert! :)

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
More
10 years 9 months ago #22217 by Mojo Man
Mojo Man replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project

penguin wrote: What they don't like about the path is that there will be people looking at their expensive homes and invading there privacy. I think Clarence was saying the same thing- it's OK but not in my backyard!

Penguin

Hey, I got a great idea, why not have the government use our tax dollars (again) to build them privacy fences so they can’t see the hikers.

Hey, are the banks still giving free loans?

I should run for president or congress :lol: :lol:

David

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
More
10 years 9 months ago #22216 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Local Rails to Trails project

Scotto wrote: I live right in OP and people were coming around with a different petition against the construction of this trail/path. They said it wouldn't be safe for the kid's with the recent publicity of the bikepath rapist and all.

Only a complete idiot would think something like that. If they spent 2 minutes thinking it through, they would have to ban lots more things that would be much more dangerous by that flawed way of thinking. For example, I think more than 80% of the jerk's rapes were not on bike paths. By these idiots' reasoning, we'd have to ban all of Delaware park.

They just bring these issues up not because they care about safety, but because they don't want a trail near there house. But that sounds selfish, so they have to come up with some other cockamamie idea to justify it instead.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.