Golden Hill Conditions

More
4 years 5 months ago #44154 by Garick
Garick replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Golden Hill is dry and riding well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #44095 by kb voodoo
kb voodoo replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Lots of horse damage seen today.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

More
5 years 5 months ago #41850 by mnowicki
mnowicki replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
The trails are in great shape. Get out and ride them. :D It' a nice change from riding Hunters Creek and Sprague Brook. Most of the brush on the blue trail has been cut back. Thank you! I don't know if there was a trail day here but I know how much work it is to do maintaince on the trails.

More
5 years 5 months ago #41655 by drabb
drabb replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Things are in good shape, wet-wise. Only dicey part is the double-track uphill around mile 1 on blue CCW, which is usually wet. Should be good for this weekend.

Other parts are overgrown and under ridden. Shins look like they've been through a cheese grater.

So does a lot of tree bark in the trail mean what I think it does?

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #41638 by drabb
drabb replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
Thanks guys, I'm going to give'r hell and I'll report back for here the masses.

Good to hear things are moving along at ASP :)

edit: I'll check it out and fall back to McCarthy Hill if need be.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by drabb.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #41636 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Golden Hill Conditions
I haven't been out there, but I think things should be pretty good, especially if you do the blue loop and skip the part of red that it cuts out.

I rode the Bradford area trails yesterday with the Just Riding Along group ride and many log/fire/oil patch roads were quite wet, but Pete's singletrack was dry.

I was down that area yesterday to walk the new planned singletrack routes with the ASP park staff and the woods we walked through were quite dry. Didn't look at any already-built trails, though.

The creek on my property in Little Valley was running again, though. It had dried up for the summer last week, so there must have been some pretty good rain on Tuesday.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jon Sundquist.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.